• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Are Currys/PCWorld in breach of contract?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Currys/PCWorld in breach of contract?

I ordered and paid for a new washing machine and fridge for my disabled daughter who is in a wheelchair. I paid for connection of the washing machine. Three days before delivery Currys said they would not connect the washing machine and would refund the charge I had paid. On the delivery date and just 40 minutes before the timeslot for delivery they sent a message to my daughter saying that they would not enter her flat to effect the delivery. She pointed out that the flat was empty and unoccupied and needed only for the two items to be placed inside the door. The Currys Delivery men refused to cross the threshold and said they would place the washing machine and fridge outside the door of the groundfloor flat. My daughter told them that she would not be able to get her wheelchair into or out of the flat and could not move the heavy machines. Currys Delivery men said they could dump the washing machine and fridge in the garden. This was unacceptable, especially at 40 minutes notice. Is Currys in breach of contract and what right do I have to recover almost £400 I have paid them?
    Tags: None

So is the fridge and washing machine still outside the flat or has it now been moved?
    What is the relevance of the £400 if they have said they will refund the charge?

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldchestnut View Post
      I ordered and paid for a new washing machine and fridge for my disabled daughter who is in a wheelchair. I paid for connection of the washing machine. Three days before delivery Currys (help: currys customer service) said they would not connect the washing machine and would refund the charge I had paid. On the delivery date and just 40 minutes before the timeslot for delivery they sent a message to my daughter saying that they would not enter her flat to effect the delivery. She pointed out that the flat was empty and unoccupied and needed only for the two items to be placed inside the door. The Currys Delivery men refused to cross the threshold and said they would place the washing machine and fridge outside the door of the groundfloor flat. My daughter told them that she would not be able to get her wheelchair into or out of the flat and could not move the heavy machines. Currys Delivery men said they could dump the washing machine and fridge in the garden. This was unacceptable, especially at 40 minutes notice. Is Currys in breach of contract and what right do I have to recover almost £400 I have paid them?

What was the reason for their refusal to complete the installation?
      Contact Currys Pcworld customer service. You can call Currys Pcworld at +44 344 561 1234 phone number, write an email, fill out a contact form on their website www.currys.co.uk, or write a letter to Currys PC World Business, PO Box 1687, Sheffield, England, S2 5YA, United Kingdom.

Comment

I assume the charge refund was for the connection. In my opinion, unqualified, they have not fulfilled their part of the contract.
        I would be tempted to contact Currys and tell them, if it is not remedied within whatever deadline you wish to give, you will inform local and national press.
        This treatment for any customer is unacceptable. For a disabled person it is shameful. The delivery men's response appalling.

Comment

Oops. Notice old thread

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X