• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Parking Management and Enforcement Ltd pusruing parking ticket in Court!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Parking Management and Enforcement Ltd pusruing parking ticket in Court!

I am being pursued by*UK Parking Management and Enforcement Ltd for*unpaid parking ticket in Court. Originally received Claim Form from Northampton County Court Business Centre, early December last year. Filed a defence within the Court time limit, received Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track just before Xmas. Completed and returned Directions Questionnaire. Early January received confirmation of Notice of Transfer of Proceedings from local county court (Manchester). Beginning February received General Form of Judgement or Order advising claim be struck out on grounds of none compliance with CPR16. Just as I thought this was end of matter, last week of February received Notice of Hearing of Application. Claimant claiming conditions of CPR16 were met as a result 15-minute hearing has been scheduled for beginning of May.

Basically, require assistance with legal representation on this matter, spoke with legal beagles this morning was advised to mention tag@leaf who will be able to assist with this.
    Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Hi - you’ve done really well managing your claim so far by the sound of it. How much is the parking ticket claim for? The problem is that if it is under £10,000 (which I certainly hope it is!) then you can not recover any legal costs from the opponent even if you win. It’s called the small claims track and it’s intended to protect consumers from high costs in low value claims. This means that if you hire a solicitor and spend 2k being represented to defend a £200 ticket, you won’t be entitled to get those legal costs back. Basically this means you have to fight on unrepresented and attend the hearing in May - which sounds like the court is unhappy with the claimants particulars of claim.*
    some more information would be useful, what are your Defence grounds for example?**

Comment

Hi LEAF

Thanks for the prompt reply!

The parking ticket claim was originally for the standard £60. I have attached a copy of the defence for your reference.

When I contacted yourselves I spoke with some lady who advised that you would be able to advise of someone who could provide assistance/representation ...?

That’s all I really require considering the 15 minute hearing I am assuming it’s going to be relatively quick in which case instructing a barrister/solicitor does not make good financial sense besides its hardly worth their while.

Look forward to your reply.

PS. Please can this thread be moved to MOTORING - PARKING TICKETS

Thanks in advance
      Attached Files

Comment

Are you contesting the issue of the ticket or the sum they are seeking? In my view far too much waffle in your Defence Grounds.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X