• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rejecting vehicle on finance within 48hrs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejecting vehicle on finance within 48hrs

Hello. I need advice on a problem I have with a vehicle purchased from a dealer on finance. we drove the car from the dealer to home and the engine warning light came on. The boot is full of water as it has a serious leak which leads to the windscreen being covered in condensation all the time. The vehicle was almost 6k. We have not made any payments yet and have followed the rejection process including getting an independent report from a garage. The dealer now wants to inspect the car himself but I am concerned he may tamper with it, and I do not want the car back on my property after he has carried out an inspection.*
    Tags: None

Have you informed the finance house you are rejecting the car?
    It belongs to them and they are jointly liable with the dealer

You have a report from an independent garage even if the dealer does "tamper" with it, and you cannot expect him to agree to your rejection without allowing him to inspect.
    Anyway Consumer Rights Act 2015 (CRA) states the consumer has a duty to make the goods available for collection by the trader from the time the right to reject is exercised.
    However the trader must bear any reasonable costs of returning the goods so tell him to come and collect.

Did the garage say why the engine management light came on?

Comment

Hello, thank you for replying. The finance company are aware and we have been appointed an investigator who is liasing between myself and the dealer. The reason the management light is on is something to do with lamber sensors. I have agreed for the dealer to come and collect the vehicle. He has actually already seen the vehicle and was pressing for *me to accept a repair but I am very reluctant because I feel it’s an awful lot of money to spend on something which is going to be a future money Pitt.

Comment

Where do I stand with him returning the vehicle to me after he has investigated? considering the problems occurred so soon after purchase do you think I am within my rights to reject? Many thanks*

Comment

The lambda sensor adjusts the fuel amount that is sent to the engine cylinders by optimizing the air and fuel mixture.
          If it is faulty fuel consumption may increase and the catalytic converter becomes clogged.
          Replacement is not a problem.

I would be more concerned about a boot full of water.

Comment

I did say that if it was just the one fault with the warning light I would have accepted a repair. However the boot full of water and the condensation on the windscreen as a result is a major no for me. Can the dealer continue to refuse my rejection? I don’t want this to be an on going thing. I have not made the first payment to the finance company as I was under the impression that was what I should do. The collections dept are now chasing me but I think it’s ridiculous to make payments when there are such big problems with the car.

Comment

You must pay the instalments due.
              Failure is a breach of your agreement and could lead to an adverse credit report which may effect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

The dealer may well not accept your rejection, but the finance house might (so you don't want to upset them unnecessarily!)

At the end of the day it might end up with you having to initiate* court action*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X