• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ from a private parking companies - Martsons threating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ from a private parking companies - Martsons threating

Hi, i recently found out i'd gotten a default CCJ from a few private parking fines from 5/6 years ago. 24 hours after i received notice form the parking company (a letter dated over a month earlier) i get a letter from martsons adding over 200 quid to the 'debt' and saying they would attend a week later at 4. unsure what to do i waited for them but they never showed. they've written me again threatening a visit (but this time they dont state a date/time) but again adding another 200 + to the debt (is this allowed for a letter?). my question is, if i never let these people in to my property what can they do?
    Tags: None

Need more information on this. Are they acting as debt collectors?

Comment

I've registered since starting this thread. they are claiming to be trying to satisfy a 'high court writ of control' but after reading a lot of horror stories about them i dont beleive anything they say

Comment

How much is the CCJ against you?

Comment

£935

Comment

You say there were several tickets - have they rolled them all into one. Have you checked your Credit File and/or Registry Trust? Have you contacted the Court to get details of the Pariculars of Claim etc.

Comment

yes there were several, between 2013-15 which i assume they've rolled into one. its on my credit file which is strange as i got a new credit card just recently without knowing this is on there. i havent contacted the courts yet at the moment im not sure what to do. my priority is these goons potentially showing up at my door. atm i'm keeping all doors locked at all times

Comment

just to add this was a work car park (where diff companies use diff colours) back in 2013 attitudes to private parking 'fines' were somewhat different. i binned the tickets and very rarely got anything through the post about it. not heard anything in almost 3 years so assumed it had gone away

Comment

just bumping this thread for help. at the moment i cant afford the £500 legal companies are asking to help set this aside (on top of the 255 court fee). i'm happy to front out the baliffs, my house is currently like fort knox and legal advice given so far is that they can never force entry.

Comment

If you are not bothered about your Credit File being trashed then yes you can try & sit it out, HCEOs will only visit 3 or 4 times before handing the Writ back to the Claimant. In turn they could employ the services of another HCEO and off you go again. Alternatively they could try another form of enforcement but realistically the only one you actually have to comply with is an Order for Questioning. A lot depends on how much they want to throw at it - average cost of each application is about £100. Providing you have never let them in then no they cannot force entry but could target anything of value that may be outside instead.

Comment

Sorry - have a read of this it may help you understand

https://www.kjplaw.co.uk/limitation-...udgment-debts/

Comment

Thank you, to be honest its been on my credit file since aug (didnt know) and has had little or no impact (i got a new credit card in dec without knowing it was on there). there is nothing they can touch that sits outside, my car is an NHS salary sacrifice lease car and the other one is solely in my wifes name and i have documents (to hand near the door) to prove both. I saw someone online last night threaten a bailiff company with removal of implied right of access on there first visit, does this work?

Comment

I'm thinking about filling out the defense form myself to set this CCJ aside rather than pay 500 quid for it. i can just about afford 255 for this. my defense is going to be two fold, what do you think. 1) that no documentation relating to any of the files was received by me removing my ability to 'appeal' these fines (nothing was ever sent recorded or signed for so is the onus on them to prove i received it?) and 2) that these fines do not represent a genuine pre-estimate of losses by the land owner. i had right of access, i had a badge allowing me to park in that car park i just happened to be in the wrong colour spot and in a few instances of these fines i was in such an ambigious spot that the management company have now repainted this particular one.

Comment

Removal of implied right of access - doesn't apply to Bailiffs/Enforcement Agents. Freeman of the Land stuff.

Set Aside application is simple enough to do it's just the way the Form looks that is foreboding. You need to be sure yo don't owe it as not having received the documentation is only part of it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X