• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination - Tax, MOT & Insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination - Tax, MOT & Insurance

Hi,

I have just contacted the finance company on Monday 24th February to commence a voluntary termination on my PCP contract. I was required to send an email including a template with information such as my full name, vehicle registration etc.

When I spoke to a member from the finance company on the phone before sending the email the member of staff said that I must ensure that on completion of the template I would receive a letter within 7 working days confirming the termination and then their third party company would be in contact to collect the vehicle within 4 weeks. They then said that I must have full tax, MOT and Insurance on the vehicle when it is collected. Now I questioned that this is not stated in my contract and that my all 3 of these could be up for renewal by the time it is collected.

They said that I have agreed to this within my contract by the below statement

'Pay the road fund licence and all other licence fees, taxes insurance premiums, fines, penalties, costs and other payments associated with the vehicle, including without limitation those arising out of or as a result of the seizure of the vehicle by any statutory authorities, as they become due.'

I questioned that it does not state within this line within my agreement it includes during a voluntary termination period. I also said that once my voluntary termination has been confirmed I should no longer be liable for the vehicle and it's Tax, MOT & Insurance as I will not be using the vehicle anymore.

Below are the dates that these items run out
    Tax - 29th February
    MOT - March
    Insurance - 20th March

The manager then said I would have to make sure all of these items were in order as it could take 4-6 weeks for the vehicle to be collected (this has now increased by 2 weeks from original phone conversation). He said he has no control on this and will pass the comments on to the complaints team which could take up to 8 weeks for them to contact me.

Can you answer any of the following questions for me:
    1) Do I need to have valid Tax, MOT & Insurance when they collect the car even though I will not be using the vehicle anymore.
    2) Is there a time frame in which they should collect my vehicle and is 4-6 weeks to long?
    3) Should there complaints team be in contact before 8 weeks as potentially by this point I will no longer have the vehicle and may have had to pay for Tax, MOT & Insurance.

Many Thanks
    CJR90
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X