• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA group

PRA group are taking me to court. I have sent CCA request to PRA and Barclaycard (original creditor).
    Barclaycard have responded saying "unable to fulfill your request. As such, we are not currently able to enforce our agreement.
    PRA responded with "we will contact you to provide you with an update as soon as possible".
    I have still not received the documents I requested ( both CCA's requested in December 2019)
    Please can someone advise as I'm very scared about going to court in May. I also have a witness statement to file in the next few days. Really appreciate any help
    Tags: None

Please, please help xx

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      PRA group are taking me to court. I have sent CCA request to PRA and Barclaycard (original creditor).
      Barclaycard have responded saying "unable to fulfill your request. As such, we are not currently able to enforce our agreement.
      PRA responded with "we will contact you to provide you with an update as soon as possible".
      I have still not received the documents I requested ( both CCA's requested in December 2019)
      Please can someone advise as I'm very scared about going to court in May. I also have a witness statement to file in the next few days. Really appreciate any help
      Hi there

Have you filed a Defence? if so, what did your defence say?

It would be helpful to know what has happened and what your case actually is before we can really offer any help or advice
      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Hi there, thank you so much for responding.
        Pra group had a judgement by default. I successfully had this set aside in December 2019. I submitted defence a few weeks later (I have attached copies)

I then sent CCA request to original creditor (Barclaycard) and PRA group on 18th December 2019.
        Barclaycard card responded with " regrettably, we are currently unable to fulfil your request. As such, we are not currently able to enforce our agreement with you and the agreement will remain unenforceable until such time as we are able to fulfil your request."

PRA group responding only by returning the Postal order I had enclosed with CCA request.

I have just sent off my witness statements today, and have sent an an amendment of my defence in relation to the lack of documents regarding by CCA request (from both parties)

I hope I've explained clearly x

I
        Last edited by pt2537; 25th February 2020, 15:57:PM. Reason: Defence had personal details on it

Comment

Hi there

Ive just removed the Defence from the thread as it had personal info on there.

Ok well i cannot see the section 78 point in the Defence, that may present you with a problem, it should have been pleaded and you may be barred from relying on the key point that could win you the case.

did you attach the barclays letter to your witness statement? if not then you could really be struggling here.
          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Hi again, thank you for your prompt response!

I did attach the Barclays letter to the witness statement, along with the slight amendment to my defence. I sent all copies to the court and PRA group.
            I guess I'm hoping it will go in my favour, but I'm not experienced at all and cannot afford legal help. I've just had to try and self educate as best as I can.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X