• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lien Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lien Help

I was looking out for some help related to lien.

I signed a contract with a guy in December. The contract stated that I would furnish $20k towards renovations to the house in my name. The work would be done within 60 days. In return he would recieve 30% of the sales price after home sells. (My contribution will be taken out of total plus home cost). After the first month he had jacked off all of my money. He no longer was able to finish the project. 8 months and an almost $20k later from my behalf, I got the home done myself with other contractors. He has been in and out over the past 8 months acting as if he has been contributing much knowing his percentage is on the line. The house is now listed for sale and he came out of no where and sent me a notice of intent for lien. ($65,000). I found out he is unlicensed, and was also broke the whole time. Never pulled permits like he should have and showed me a fake GC certificate. What do I need to do?

I would like to know what should be done in this case ?

Hi and welcome, but regret to inform you that it is unlikely you will receive much advice from this forum which is UK based,
    I doubt we have anyone versed in Texan law.

Comment

Okay thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X