• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ee default removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ee default removal

Hi,

I had a debt with EE for a mobile phone in 2016. Unfortunately I had ordered a new mobile phone and fell seriously ill around the same period. I was unable to get back to health for over a year. During this time I had no way to manage credit and was moved from address by family.

Anyway a few years have passed and I've returned to work and health. So I contacted EE to pay it off. One of the advisors had told me that EE could potentially remove the debt and default on my credit rating if I was deemed not liable due to my health. They told me to get medical evidence and send to their address. I collected and sent this evidence. They then called and told me they would remove the default for full payment due to my circumstances. And said they would send email confirming this by end of day.

Two days passed and I received no update so I emailed the advisor and they had told me the default was due to be removed. Then two days later an email came saying it Would be marked as satisfied. I responded saying this is not what was agreed and provided the written statement saying it would be removed from their advisor.

It has now went to a complaint. They have said that they will not now remove the default and sorry that I had been missadvised. They said their advisor was wrong. The telephone call also states it would be removed and I have a recording of this.*

They're saying next stage is deadlock letter. Wondering does anyone have advice? I was always going to pay it off but just disappointed they lied throughout and promised something and didn't follow through.*
    Tags: None

Further to this EE have now admitted they miss advised me and are carrying out an internal investigation. They have sent a deadlock letter offering 30 pounds*

Comment

So EE have now sent me the recording of the phone call in which a manager confirms the default will be removed from my credit file not just marked as satisfied. Is there anything I can do with this information. I have opened a case with ombudsman and attached the call recording.*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X