• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fencing Clarification - Appeal - Corner Plot - Loosing the will to live

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fencing Clarification - Appeal - Corner Plot - Loosing the will to live

Hi there everyone! *We live on a large corner plot which we moved to 1 year ago. *Due to four burglaries (our 16 year old upset the local gang culture - dont ask!) and lots of hassle last summer put up a fence on top of our dwarf wall which took the height in total to 2.3m. *Didnt realise we needed planning. *Someone reported it. *We paid a surveyor £300 plus planning fee to submit retrospective planning and got refused. *Now had enforcement letter, but thought we had 6 months to appeal and t has been 12 weeks since decision. *Anyhow, *we realise we have to take down the fence but we have thought about coming in a 1m or just over from the wall and erecting the fence in our garden. *We realise we will loose some of the front garden but it would give us privacy as our house sits diagonal across our plot. *Can we do this as I have been reading we could still be told to take it down due to aesthetics and surrounding area, which is what they quoted us as most houses have dwarf walls with open front or railings with large bushes. We have now also spent £100s on laurel bushes which we have just planted but this will take a while. *The man who complained lives round the corner, is a local builder so obviously knows the planning people. *I am just exhausted with it all. *I have now asked for the planning to come out. *As well as this we already a 1.8m fence to the back garden (adjacent to public highway) and added to the existing fence to increase its height to 2.3m. *Planning are now saying we have to reapply for that fence, but I am arguing for a certificate of lawful development as it has been there for a decade. *To top it all half the blooming wall came down in the storm last week with the fence on top so it now looks like Steptoe's yard. *Any advice appreciated
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X