• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I sell or scrap a car awaiting warrant of control from bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I sell or scrap a car awaiting warrant of control from bailiffs

Hi can someone advice me. I bought a car that was not fit for purpose as it had been involved in accident and the seller did not inform me. The car had faults which I couldn’t repair. I sent him letters and took it to court and he ignored my letters an even CCJ judgement. I am awaiting for bailiffs to go out and recover my money. Can I sell or scrap the car since he has completely ignored me and the car is blocking my packing space. Any useful advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks*
    Tags: None

I guess you can, why keep it?

Comment

Then how could you prove that the car has been involved in an accident?

Comment

Then how could you prove that the car has been involved in an accident? In my opinion, that won't be the smartest choice if the trial isn't over. You have to be able to prove that the car is broken. So even though you're waiting for the bailiff, just keep it. I don't think it bothers you that much. After everything's done, you can scrap it. You can compare scrap prices at scrapi.com. That's when you should get rid of it. So many people lost because they got rid of the trial's object. So keep it until you get the bailiff!!

Comment

If there is an appeal. And that's a possibility, as advised HOLD ON TO IT until you have a final decision.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X