• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Form received from Intrum finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim Form received from Intrum finance

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date:17/01/20
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:
    Total Amount Claimed : £2201.86
    Claimant’s Name: Intrum Finance
    Solicitors Firm:*
    Original Creditor: Littlewoods
    Original Debt*: Catalogue
    Particulars of Claim:* (*Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):The Claimant is the assignee*of a shop direct finance company Ltd debt in the sum of £2201.86 assigned on 05/10/15. Statutory notices of assignment*were sent to the defendant*. On 01/03/18 the Claimant changed its name from first credit Ltd to Intrum UK Finance Ltd. The debt is for arrears on an agreement for running account credit first opened by the original*creditor on or about 15/07/2010 under reference xxxxxx. The Defendant*used the credit facilities. On 28/09/2015 the account defaulted with an outstanding balance of £2093.86. The Claimant and its predecessors in title demanded repayment*of the sum due. In breach of contract the Defendant*failed to repay the sums due.
    AND THE CLAIMANT*CLAIMS
    1. The sum of £2201.86

Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): Yes
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ):None
    Any Other Information or Background Details:*this debt is actually from K & co which became Littlewoods in the year that the default happened . I bought a Printer for 800£ which with interest went up to £3000 on buy now pay later. When I realized that the advisory has signed me up for BNPL without my consent I called K& co to take it off from bnpl as I didn’t want that in the first place. The adviser I spoke with and the many later kept looking into it while I kept paying. Until, I decided to stop paying until they sort it out. It then moved to littlewoods and when I called they told me they had passed the debt on and they can’t do anything. My original query for a correction never go resolved. When I log into my account, it shows me a bnpl amount but also shows me a 245 credit I can use which I believe is from the online payments I continued to make without knowing they had passed on the debt. Now I have a few questions.

1. I had no idea 1st credit and intrum are one. I never signed for any communication from them. Can they connect communication from two different company names into one and count it towards this claim?

2. between 2015 and now, we have moved house twice and went through a traumatic time due to a few incidents . This debt a thing which wasn't playing on our minds. in all that

3. This debt is now mostly made up of interest. The real amount we owe is a little over £400.
    please advise how I can handle this.
    Tags: None

what solicitors issued claim on their behalf?

Comment

Its just signed with "Ashleigh Harlin" (claimant's Legal representative)

Comment

Thank You Mike 770. Sorry That's my post at the top but couldn't figure out a way to reply to you so registered and replied.*

Comment

Amethyst*

Comment

Did you stop making payments in 2015 ? ( so you were paying for 5 years on this printer or were you using the account for other things?) Have you any idea how much you had actually paid before you gave up on them sorting out your complaint ? About £400?

You need to acknowledge the claim with intent to defend in full and then get a CCA and CPR request off to the claimant. And send a data protection letter to shopdirect. See below links.
            Acknowledge Claim
            CCA Request
            CPR 31.14 Request
            Subject Access Request Letter
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I was making the payments to my normal account and also thinking i am paying for the printer.* I thought i was making* payments towards the printer until I realized they were going to my normal account and there was BNPL on my account which was for the printer. I told them my account shows in default in bnpl yet i have a credit for £250 till date.This was with K and Co and around 2015 K & Co closed and became Littlewoods. After that it was a wild goose chase and the next thing I know they said its been passed off Debt collectors and I should call them. I was upset and just didn't contact the debt collectors. Also, is there anything that can be used against Intrum changing its name from 1st credit yet continuing the chase. Should they not have restarted it?Thank You for your advice above, I really appreciate it and I will send the above off tomorrow and update.

Comment

No, the change from 1st credit to Intrum is similar to the change from k&co to littlewoods.

*did you write at all to K&co about the BNPL issue or was it just by telephone ?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

It was by telephone

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    No, the change from 1st credit to Intrum is similar to the change from k&co to littlewoods.

did you write at all to K&co about the BNPL issue or was it just by telephone ?
                    It was by telephone

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      Did you stop making payments in 2015 ? ( so you were paying for 5 years on this printer or were you using the account for other things?) Have you any idea how much you had actually paid before you gave up on them sorting out your complaint ? About £400?

You need to acknowledge the claim with intent to defend in full and then get a CCA and CPR request off to the claimant. And send a data protection letter to shopdirect. See below links.
                      Acknowledge Claim
                      CCA Request
                      CPR 31.14 Request
                      Subject Access Request Letter
                      * * @Amethyst

@Amethyst the CPR request what document should i ask for? The front of the claim form has this "The Claimant is the assignee*of a shop direct finance company Ltd debt in the sum of £2201.86 assigned on 05/10/15. Statutory notices of assignment*were sent to the defendant*. On 01/03/18 the Claimant changed its name from first credit Ltd to Intrum UK Finance Ltd. The debt is for arrears on an agreement for running account credit first opened by the original creditor on or about 15/07/2010 under reference xxxxxx. The Defendantused the credit facilities. On 28/09/2015 the account defaulted with an outstanding balance of £2093.86. The Claimant and its predecessors in title demanded repaymentof the sum due. In breach of contract the Defendantfailed to repay the sums due.
                      AND THE CLAIMANT*CLAIMS
                      1. The sum of £2201.86
                      Last edited by Shrubs; 31st January 2020, 21:20:PM.

Comment

Amethyst* How long to I have to defend my case after sending the CPR to the claimant?

Comment

CPR letter, Please could you check and approve? Thank You so much
                          "Xxxxxxxx
                          xxxxxx
                          xxxxxx

04/02/20

Intrum Uk Finance Ltd
                          The Omnibus Building,

Lesbourne Road, Reigate

RH2 7JP

Dear Sirs,

Claim Number:G7Xxxxx

Request for documents mentioned in a statement of case under CPR 31.14

On19/02/20I received a County Court claim from yourselves of which I have acknowledged receipt indicating my intention to defend in full.

To enable me to file my defense and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defense.

1. Contract
                          2. Default Notice & evidence of its receipt by the defendant
                          3. Statutory Notice of Assignment

4. Demand for repayment & evidence of it’s receipt by the defendant

In accordance with CPR 31.15(c) I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.

You should note that this claim has not yet been allocated to a specific track and the provisions of CPR 27(2) are of no effect. Had your claim not been issued through CCBC the Claimant would have been obliged to attach copies of the documentation upon which it relies to the Particulars of Claim.

I, as Defendant, am entitled to see the documents on which the Claimant relies and which you must produce at trial. Disclosure at this stage will enable me to fully plead my case and further the Overriding Objective.

You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter.

If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing and confirm your agreement to an extension of the time allowed for me to file my defence as allowed under CPR 15.5 so I may notify the court. For your information and records I enclose a copy of the formal request for a copy of the credit agreement relating to this claim, pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, which has been posted to your client with the statutory fee of £1 today, 04/02/20

Yours sincerely,

Xxxxx"

Comment

1: Agreement
                            2: Notice of Assignment
                            3: Default Notice
                            4: Demand for repayment

They won't have(nor do they need to have) evidence of receipt.

The defence is due before 33 days from the date of issue as printed on the front of the claim form.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Check the date you received the claim - 01 rather than 02
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X