• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

College Course

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Course

Hi looking for advice .

So my partner was lulled in by what was marketed as a free electricians course with a company. They sent a representative/cretin/scam artist named tony to our house to carry out a face to face assessment .

When here he expressed numerous times that the course was absolutely FREE and the only thing my partner would have to pay was the 60.00 registration fee. 30 of which we paid as this Tony was very pushy but we didn't have enough to pay full 60 . Every time partner tried to read the contract this horrible tony was pulling the paper work away from us assuring us ABSOLUTELY NO HIDDEN CHARGES ! And that the course is fully funded by a finance company called xxxx.

We have been naive . A little before Xmas we received a letter asking us to pay 180.00 a month till the full value of 2220.00 is paid . We would never have have signed up if we thought for a second we would have to pay this kind of money as we only on universal credit.no expenditure was done . We called up Tony and recorded the call and he again states that the bill was in "error" and " we don't have to pay" .

We asked the college to cancel the course and for the course to give the money back to xxxx but they conveniently sent the bill after the 14 day cancellation period . They will not end this despite our evidence that it's a big scam . If we don't pay they will send debt collectors to the door as well as damaging my partners credit rating .

We have tried calling tony again and he will not answer. The college staff are being rude and unhelpful and ignorant .And my mental health is very bad I'm having panic attacks Every time someone knocks at the door .

What the hell are we gonna do ??? We are a young couple with a 1 year old son . We live on u.c and paying for this crap is gonna put us into the gutter . Another lie tony told was there were practical training centres near newcaste where we live . They are all at least 200 miles away . No practical training no course completion .

Anyways if you got this far reading thanks and any advice on how to beat these people and get out of this contract would be much appreciated .

Thankyou x we've logged it with action fraud and the police .looking for any information that these people have been known for doing this to people ?

Have they operated under any other names /colleges /online training courses ?

We need this stopped and stopped for any current or future victims . Nasty company they are . These people are crooks I just need to prove .there's more but this post is already massive . Any questions ask x thanks x
    Tags: None

Hi Kitty, Welcome. I'm sorry you are going through this, it sounds very stressful and confusing.

Do you have copies of the paperwork you signed ( if he left anything with you?) that you could do pictures of and send me... admin@legalbeagles.info

WIll give you a hand with a complaint to them. Don't worry about anyone knocking on your door - they won't - to get to doing that then they'd need to take you to court and win their case against you, the court order a certain payment amount, then you'd have to ignore it and not pay them for at least a month before they could look at instructing a bailiff, who would give you 14 days notice of attendance. So please do not worry.

Send any books they have sent you back and do not make any more payments ( have they sent you any books? access to log on to the course online etc ? or just invoices?)

I've heard of the companies involved - but not the finance company - so can you send me the full name and details that you have of that company please?

Once I've seen the docs you have will give you a hand to get a complaint together so you can get it sent off to the college and the finance co with a view to going to the ombudsman etc
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X