• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Illogical No-Left-Turn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illogical No-Left-Turn

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?...=new_post&f=30
    I want to fight Barnet who rejected my appeal concerning a No Left Turn into a Sainsbury's Car Park PCN in Dec. 2019 on the grounds that "the circumstances described within your representation does not warrant the cancellation of the PCN.
    1.* Are there regulations about the precise placing position of No-Left-Turn signs and the reasons why the prohibition was made in the first place?
    [i truly think it is merely a money-maker for Barnet]
    2. If the rejection of my submission seems to ignore my arguments - what is my next step? They give me the option to go to the "Independent Environment and Traffic Adjudicator"
    3. The rejection letter photos have one with my number plate visible but apart from brake lights and reflectors, everything else is pitch black. Two others are street scenes which are of reasonable quality.* The three images are numbered ending 311** 387 and [the black one]555
    can I argue that 555 shows my car but not its location?
    3. The Times, on 7 Jan 2020 had an article headed "Drivers in muddle win parking fine exemptions" - can that be extended to unreasonable no-left-turn signs?
    4. Should I publish here my appeal and the response from Barnet?
    Tags: None

Are you arguing that the prohibition is illogical, or that you did not see the signs?

If the prohibition has ben lawfully applied, then I don't think you will get anywhere with claiming that it is illogical.

If you did not see the signs, then you need to show that a dilligent driver would not have seen them either.

If you go to the parking adjudicator you lose your opportunity for early payment discount.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X