• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Spousal Maintenance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spousal Maintenance

Hi, I am writing to find out the likelihood of spousal maintenance being awarded to my ex. We were together for ten years, married for 4. We have a 7 year old son. I have moved out and we have not started divorce proceedings yet. I pay £200 maintenance directly to a son from another relationship and I have various debts. I am paying for the full mortgage of my old home which my wife and son live in as well as her council tax. I earn 60,000 pounds per year and she earns 12,000 but she has said she is happy to go to work full time to increase her wage. After debts are paid I am left with £1300 per month for my housing and living. I have said I will continue with paying her costs above for a year and when we sell the house she can have 70% of the equity (roughly £70,000). Could this split of the equity count as a “clean break”?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X