• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Order

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Court Order

    I received today court information regarding a hearing on the 13th December 2019 regarding my case against The Utility Warehouse Ltd as I did not turn up and told the courts that I could not, turn up that the case has been struck out and that I have to pay 3000 pounds plus the costs I am in financial difficulty and sent an e-mail for the case to, be cancelled as I can only afford a pound a month as I am in debt what can I do, I could not attend as I felt unwell on the hearing date.
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Set Aside Application ( you brought the case against them???? , we need real information to access the next move?? you mean the case you brought against them struck out, ( very confusing at the moment,.. give the full story? relax and we probably can advise with the facts??


    • #3
      Basically I was a distributor for The Utility Warehouse and I got into debt with my gas account, I contacted the Ombudsman Energy and as I made a complaint the Utility Warehouse took my distributorship off me, I had problems with my mobile landline and broadband also, I took the Utility Warehouse to court, and as I did not attend, the case was struck out and the defendant The Utility Warehouse was awarded 3000 pounds plus court costs, as I am in financial difficulty I will have to appeal this.


      • #4
        You informed the court before the hearing that you could not attend? How long before the hearing and did you submit skeleton arguments, witness statements and evidence prior to the hearing.

        What were your grounds for taking UtilityWarehouse to court and what were you asking for? Loss of your distributorship?*
        Were you actually making an income from it ( multi level marketing ) ? and was there a term in the contract for distributors that you don't make complaints ?

        Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

        Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps


        • #5
          Loss of distributorship a number of facts I have just received a notice of enforcement today what can I do?


          • #6
            Who did the NoE come from?


            • #7
              So what can I do now?


              • #8
                Andrew Wilson And Co.


                • #9
                  2 weeks beforehand.


                  • #10
                    regarding the courts.


                    • #11
                      What can I do to get the enforcement officers off me?


                      • #12
                        You have been visited by High Court Enforcement Agents who can be a little more pressurising than the norm. There are only 2 ways forward:
                        1 - pay in full
                        2 - apply for a Stay of Execution against the Writ they have

                        I do think you are going to struggle given what you have said previously. You say you did not attend the Hearing as you felt unwell and sent them an email to this effect. I suspect the Court did not get your message in time and in any case you do not appear to have provided any proof - a note from a medical professional - as to your indisposition. On the face of it appealing against the Order that was made is going to be very difficult.

                        If it turns out you have to accept the inevitable and pay up then the only real way forward is to apply to pay in instalments at a level set by the Court, That is fine but you still have the Enforcement Agents to deal with and you may have to apply to have the Writ Stayed which if successful gets them off your back.

                        There is another way and that is to completely ignore them - they will likely only make 3 or 4 visits and if the cannot get to engage with you could hand the Writ back to UU to choose another method of enforcement.



                        • #13
                          Ok I have written A Stay Of Execution I will be sending it to Manchester Registry, I have also wrote an order to set aside the judgment to the courts, I will be sending this to Mayors And City Of Londons courts, I was panicking a bit.


                          • #14
                            I am in financial difficulty.


                            • #15
                              Here is the writ of control I did not receive this until the 10th January it tells me to pay on the 27th December so that is odd why it has came late.
                              Attached Files


                              View our Terms and Conditions

                              LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

                              If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

                              If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.



                              Welcome to Legal Beagles

                              Donate with PayPal button

                              LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

                              See more
                              See less

                              Court Claim ?

                              Guides and Letters

                              Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

                              Find a Law Firm