• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Leasehold property maintenance - neighbour dispute and absentee freeholder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leasehold property maintenance - neighbour dispute and absentee freeholder

HI, I'm looking for some advice regarding my shared leasehold Victorian property (semi-detached), with an absentee freeholder. *My downstairs neighbour has for the past 14 years (since I moved in) refused to undertake any property maintenance, and the Victorian building is urgently in need of some repairs and facade management. I would like to know whether there is any legal option to pursue here. The roof (i am on the top floor) has a little leak, and we have a crumbling front door - etc. The most trouble issue for me however is that she is a hoarder, the front garden is full of hundreds of plastic pots, the curtains of her house are black and crushed to the window with plastic bags on the other side - I would never be able to sell my property with it in this state as it presents so badly. Our relationship is not bad, but she does not see the problem and will not engage in making any improvements.* Her windowframes are crumbling and rotten. I have had mine repaired in the past couple of years but the house looks a state.* We have never had a freeholder, and I originally had some indemnity insurance put in place to secure the mortgage.* Does anyone have any advice on what I could do to force some action to improve the state of the property?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X