• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Asda

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asda

I got caught stealing from Asda. the security got my name and address and said Im banned from Asda for 12 months. I'm always in Asda as I'm local and it gets me out, do you think they'll check the pass CCTV ? not gonna lie when I've bought baby food i have put extra jars in which i'll never do again . I really worried they'll get in contact with me as they have my details ,I've never been on trouble before*
    Tags: None

You will probably receive a letter from a firm called DWF requesting you pay them something in the region of £150 for costs incurred by Asda.
    It will sound terribly legal and threatening, but should be ignored.
    They will send follow up letters, but if you ignore them they will eventually cease.

Regarding the ban, you may or may not be recognised if you go back in there.
    If you are recognised, as long as you are not acting illegally, all they can do is ask you to leave.
    if you refuse they can then use sufficient reasonable force to remove you.

I would suggest, as you are possibly known in the shop as a frequent shopper, that you avoid the place for at least a few weeks as you will probably be recognised. In that way you might avoid embarrassment*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X