• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI 12 days cooling off?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI 12 days cooling off?

Hello all and thanks in advance for any help you can offer. In Jan of 2019 I engaged with Allay Claims so that they might look into any miss sold *PPI on any of my accounts. 2 days ago I received a good news text stating PPI had been found on one of my accounts. Looking back, I can see that they mentioned that they were contacting said account back in Jan 2019 to see if there is anything there. I placed a call to them post receiving the text two days ago and whilst on hold looked at some reviews for them. I was shocked/horrified to read so many horrific accounts from others claiming that they are scammers and to avoid at all costs. When I got through to Allay Claims to discuss the PPI they had found I was told the following... (I will have to pay 24% inc vat on any payout I receive. It can take 24 weeks for the bank to pay out. If there is no payout I pay Allay Claim no money. I have 14 days cooling off period, (as of the 8th Jan 2020) which is the date they submitted the claim/investigation. If I decide not to proceed during the 14 days, I pay nothing. However, if the bank decide to settle in that 14 days I pay the 24% to AC. If I pull out beyond the 14 days, then Allay Claims will Bill me for all work to date)
    looking at their T&C’s, they bill for ever text, email or phone call made, of which there are an astonishing amount. My question is, based on the reviews of read I am extremely fearful of being ripped off, but I thought it best to seek some solid advice to see if I’m being overly cautious. Here is a link to their T&C’s and also one to the reviews. I only have a few days left to pull out of this so I very much look forward to hearing from you.*https://www.allay.co.uk/terms-conditions/* **https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.allay.co.uk
    Tags: None

PPI claiming ended in August 2019. Unless they put a claim in on your behalf before then they/you have missed the boat. If they have put a claim in on your behalf before August then you may have given them authority back in January. Do you recall signing anything ? ( now or in Jan ) terms, letter of authority etc ? Did they mention default charges / packaged account fees etc ?

Contact the bank involved and ask them if a third party has authority on your account, whether they have made a claim on your behalf and to send you a copy of the authorisation for them to deal with the third party.

Personally I'd cancel however I wouldn't expect them to just accept that, despite what they said, and argue you signed up in January.*

Ring the bank ( they all have ppi teams ) and check what the true situation is.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi and thanks for taking the time to reply. The honest truth is, I can’t remember signing anything but if I did it would most likely have been electronically. As stated I engaged with them in Jan of 2019, and looking at my records I can see an email from Allay Claims date Jan 2019, stating that they have reached out to Clydesdale and will update me if there is any PPI. I did find it strange that AC have only just as of two days ago, allegedly found PPI with Clydesdale, 1 year later? The T&C’s is correctly followed by AC appear to protect me if I let this play out. Conversely they would appear to let me walk now. But as mentioned, the company Allay Claims have some very*worrying reviews and I am very unsure on how best to proceed.**

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X