• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston bailiff arrest?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marston bailiff arrest?

Hi folks, I have just received this.* Can anybody tell me if the bailiff can arrest me.* I've no idea why a warrant has been issued. It has just dropped through my letterbox out of the blue, I've had no previous letters /calls.* Should I call the arrest officer or try the "HMCTS West Mercia" directly?*
    Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.*
    Is a Normal a4 letter, but had to crop photo to upload
    Tags: None

It's absolute BS !! A bailiff has no power of arrest. It's a fishing expedition to test if you live at the address they have delivered it to. If you call them they know you live there. Throw it in the bin, typical bailiff tracing tactics.
    However, they must have a reason for trying to trace you though, they don't do it for fun. Do you owe anyone money ? Do you have outstanding fines, council tax or parking charges ? I'd check my credit file as well.

Comment

Call HMCTS West Mercia today and find out exactly where this has come from and why you have had nothing to date.

It may be a speeding offence where you simply haven't received any prior notifications and you've been convicted in your absence. Alternatively it may be a non payment of a fine or not responding to an attachment of earnings or order to attend court for questioning. Or of course the enforcement agent may have got the wrong address.

You haven't received anything other than this letter so you do need to find out what it is for before you know what you need to do to get it sorted.

I think this number should get you to the right place ( eventually )
      01562 514000
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Pandora's box/can of worms springs to mind. Curiosity killed the cat and ignorance is bliss LOL

Comment

In these cases I'm not sure sitting it out and seeing what happens is the best move
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Was the letter actually addressed to you. Chances are it is what is termed a Non Bail Warrant whereby you agree to attend Court under your own recognisance on a certain date & time. If you then don't turn up then it will be handed to the Wooden Tops to lift you, keeping you in a cell until a Hearing can be arranged. There are many instances where people do not know of any fine against them - TV Licence & various motoring offences come to mind. Please do not ignore it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X