• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT with Paragon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT with Paragon

Hi, some information would be greatly appreciated...

I had a car from a car company called Nirvana Mobility; I am newly disabled due to chronic illness, and had a Wheelchair Accessible Vehichle on Hire purchase agreement with them-with a 6 month warranty .

From day 1 the fuel gauge didn’t work. Within 2 months the car completely stopped working and I had to send it to the bearers the dealership who did a check on it. I had to do this as Nirvana did not answer calls etc. It turns out that a smaller tank had been fitted to the vehicle and not calibrated with the fuel gauge - hence not knowing what was in the tank ever! I had to pay for repairs of nearly £2000 within the first couple of months ... without any response from Nirvana to compensate the money I had to spend while under warranty.

In addition I needed the fuel tank rectifying if I was to keep the vehicle as I cannot have the unreliability of a car that can break down at any time, due to my health and inability to just get out and fill up the tank with a petrol can.

So I finally heard off Nirvana about 4 months into Warranty- I told them everything that had happened, the money I’d had to pay(that I’d had to go into debt for as I have lost my career due to my chronic health) I told them about the tank-making the vehicle not for for purpose. I was asked to send emails with all diagnostic reports and receipts of money I’d paid. I was told that it was normal for Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles to have a smaller tank- and would have to carry a can around with me.

I said I did not agree to this- anyway I sent emails and documents to get money back- and to date now nearly 2 years later that still have not responded. I was told on one of the many calls when I attempted to contact them -that they had ceased trading. So I got in touch with the vehicle converters who made it into an WAV and they stated there is no way that a Vehichle should have a smaller tank with the expectation of the disabled driver carrying a can around. They also said that they would give me information to back this up. Which they did.

i checked Companies House and Nirvana was still trading . I then contacted the finance company (they had bought up the agreement from the company I initially took out the Hire Purchase with) they said I needed to send all information. By now I was in nearly £4000. Of debt as last year another massive job had to be done.

I also hadn’t been able to go out in the vehicle alone due to the safety aspect of the fuel gauge not working so I had a vehicle I couldn’t use to be independent-the main reason I had it. I had not been able to give it back at the beginning as not fit for purpose because Nirvana turned into a ghost! And I couldn’t finish the agreement legally without ramifications until now I’m past half way through the payments.

Paragon have not responded in any meaningful way to all,of the detailed information I sent, the paper trail that evidences all that I have said is irrefutable as it’s all independent. So I have VT the car with Paragon. Now nearly a month later still no call to collect the car- even though I had a letter stating they would have a third party contact me to take it to Auction. Paragon also after the VT sent me a letter stating I will be responsible for any shortfall in selling price to outstanding amount on the vehicle .( could you please clarify this for me?

As I’m from reading about VT I thought I was financially not responsible for the agreement?) could you please advise what I do know regarding collecting the car as I had to pay another £85 insurance on it as it’s on the road. I have taken photos etc as well. And recorded mileage-which is low due to me not being able to go out alone.

I still also need compensation for all I’ve had to pay out- for how I’ve been treated , for not upholding warranty, for selling me a vehicle that isn’t fit for purpose- and all the stress I’ve had over the past 2.5 years- which has exhaberated my chronic health issues.

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for such a long first post
    Tags: None

Nirvana Mobility ?
    Company Number: 04489247
    - Dissolved on 1 October 2019
    Britannia House, Roberts Mews, Orpington, Kent, BR6 0JP
    ??

Who was your finance agreement with before Paragon - and do you have a copy of the finance agreement ?* Do you have copies of the sale documents/warranty etc from Nirvana too ?
    Also can you post a copy of the latest letter from Paragon please. Redact your personal details.* If you struggle to post redacted images it is fine to email them to admin@legalbeagles.info

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X