• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Online Auction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Auction

Hi Guys
    An online auction house has written to me saying I owe them thousands of pounds as I won an item on a site called I-bidder however did not pay/collect it. I disputed this with the company however they literally went crazy, told me I am lying and said they will take me to court - I have since received a solicitor letter advising the company is 'issuing against me'. I googled the auction house and it appears the director has previously been imprisoned for car scams and fraud. I feel the solicitor may be working alongside them as I searched them too and it appears to be a tiny firm with 1 solicitor active. Any idea how to proceed/respond? Many Thanks, Noble
    Tags: None

Did you bid on the site at some time?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      Did you bid on the site at some time?
      Hello, never bidded on the site before no

Comment

I would ignore them completely until either a compliant pre action letter or genuine court papers were received

Comment

Hi Des8, thanks for reply - yes I was planning this approach, would you even ignore the solicitor letter or not bother responding to them either? Only reason I am reluctant to respond is because I feel they may be alongside the company and feed things back to them to make a quick buck.

Comment

If the solicitors are saying*company is 'issuing against me'. why bother to respond to them?
            Wait and see (but it sounds like a lot of old bull trying to provoke a reaction)
            A solicitor writing a letter has no more force than me writing.
            Solicitors enjoy writing letters on behalf of clients as they get paid with no risk.

Of course, sometimes one would enter correspondence with solicitors, but often initial letters are threatening in an effort to bully the target!

Comment

Hi Des8, I completely agree. The woman who actually sent the letter made a number of spelling mistakes and does not actually seem to be a solicitor herself (not on SRA register) - and yes the bullying is quite intimidating, as mentioned the company they are representing are very shady, directors previously imprisoned for massive scale criminal operations.*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X