• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Resolvecall Doorstep Visit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolvecall Doorstep Visit

Long story short, years ago I was in a bit of a state with my finances after the end of my marriage. I fell into debt and basically buried my head in the sand.... I have subsequently sorted my issues out for the most part, with payment plans etc. I have a crap credit score which is due to have most of the really bad stuff drop off in the next 6-9 months.

Now, there are a couple of statute barred debts which I had forgotten about as such and therefore occasionally when a letter appears chasing I just bin them as I know the DCA are just chancing their arm.

I got got a letter over the weekend which I believed was one of these, it said there'd be a home visit this week but to be honest I've had these letters before and never seen a soul and I believed it was SB so binned it. (I know, I know...).

anyway, a chap turned up today while I was at work, spoke to my 19 year old son asking him to confirm I lived there and contact info. My son did, as he was a bit scared. The chap left and posted a card asking me to get in touch etc.

So my questions:

How can I find out what they're chasing without acknowledging the debt in case it isn't SB? If it is what i think it might be then it won't be statute barred for approx 12 months and I know they can apply for a CCJ until that time. HOWEVER, it isn't on my credit file.... the only things on my credit file are ones I am fully aware of and have dealt with or are being paid off etc.

I don't particularly want a repeat visitor - I know they have no power as such and we can ignore the door but it's been such a long time since I've been frightened of opening my door I don't want to go back to this place.

i will set up a payment plan with them if necessary but my available income is seriously minimal so they'd have to accept a titchy monthly payment which I'm assuming they won't?

Thanks in advance,
    P x
    Tags: None

Let them do all the running with the proviso that if you should receive any Court Claim you don't ignore it and then take it from there. I would suggest whatever you do don't enter into any payment proposal with them, if necessary better agree payments through the Courts if it ever gets that far.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X