• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Itemised Bill demanded by unhappy Client

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itemised Bill demanded by unhappy Client

I have a client who we fitted a front door and side panels, the client changed her mind many time prior to ordering but when the final installation happened she said the side panels should have mid-rails and panels below, she has also complained about a small mark on the door which happens with these doors and we are sent the external paint just to touch the tiny marks up. We have been plagued with emails and both myself and my business partner have been out to see her and agreed to install mid-rails, solid panels change the glass and touch in the door. We fit many of these doors and they often come with a slight mark on but due to the grain once they are touched in you couldn't tell where the issue was. The client is now demanding an itemised bill which in the past 43 years of trading we have never been asked for, not only is she demanding the itemised bill she is claiming she has a right to see an itemised bill. Would anyone know if she has a right to this information, as we have promised her we will sort the door out and it will be done as soon as we possible can, the parts are currently on order. My worry is she bragged to our installation teams that she had internal doors fitted and got them for nothing as she wrapped the guy that fitted them up in knots so he ended putting his hands in the air and saying "just keep the doors". I would be grateful for any thoughts?? Our reputation has been extremely good over these past forty three years, so I know this client is in the minority as we have hundreds of happy clients.*
    Tags: None

When she made the order was anything agreed in writing? All changes following placing the order in writing as well?

You quoted her presumably in advance of fitting the doors, at a set price for the supply and fitting of the doors?

It sounds like you might be right and she's trying to get you to give in.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X