• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trespass letter m&s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trespass letter m&s

Hi,
    I walked out of a store with 5 unpaid for food items and an undercover cop stopped me and took me aside and took my name and address and issued me a trespass letter.*
    I do actually buy items from their stores usually. If I go to another store will I be recognised?
    He did say they now had facial recognition software but I don't know if that was just a scare tactic.

Also as he was an undercover cop will my face and name go on record?*
    Thank you in advance for any help offered.
    Tags: None

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...k-photos-of-me

Comment

I don't think M&S have undercover cops ... just security staff.*

Is the letter just a ban from the store or is there mention of civil recovery ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst, both. He said he would send a civil recovery letter.* Thanks for your reply

Comment

Hi, the same situation happened to me - I accidentally walked out of the shop with unpaid 5-pound cake and 3 - pound packed launch on my hand. It was a terrible experience. The security guy was quite rude, they put me into the holding room and were questioning about the alleged incident in a very unpolite manner and tried to make me feel myself a criminal. I was shocked, as returning M&S customer I was spending hundreds of pounds monthly for shopping there and was not even given a chance to prove my innocence and was banned from all M&S shops for a genuine mistake Finally, the security guy asked me about my country of origin which I found absolutely inappropriate in the given circumstances. I wrote a few complaints to the head office but got a very standard answer with apologies for my unpleasant experience and confirming that I banned from M&S stores. Should I write them another compain? Or just live it as it is?

Comment

Pretty much the same thing happened to me this morning at M&S where I go almost every morning... I never forgot to pay but this morning I completely forgot to pay at a self-service checkout. They just made me a criminal and the security guy who I say hello in the morning was super proud of getting me, accused of me never paid for the years for some reasons. I felt I was discriminated too... what happened to your story?*

Comment

Pretty much the same thing happened to me this morning at M&S where I go almost every morning for my glossary shopping... I never forgot to pay but this morning I completely forgot to pay at a self-service checkout. They just made me a criminal and the security guy who I say hello to was super proud of getting me, accused of me never paid for the years for some reasons. I felt I was discriminated too... what happened to your story?*

Comment

Originally posted by Irina BE View Post
                Hi, the same situation happened to me - I accidentally walked out of the shop with unpaid 5-pound cake and 3 - pound packed launch on my hand. It was a terrible experience. The security guy was quite rude, they put me into the holding room and were questioning about the alleged incident in a very unpolite manner and tried to make me feel myself a criminal. I was shocked, as returning M&S customer I was spending hundreds of pounds monthly for shopping there and was not even given a chance to prove my innocence and was banned from all M&S shops for a genuine mistake Finally, the security guy asked me about my country of origin which I found absolutely inappropriate in the given circumstances. I wrote a few complaints to the head office but got a very standard answer with apologies for my unpleasant experience and confirming that I banned from M&S stores. Should I write them another compain? Or just live it as it is?
                Pretty much the same thing happened to me this morning at M&S where I go almost every morning... I never forgot to pay but this morning I completely forgot to pay at a self-service checkout. They just made me a criminal and the security guy, who I say hello to, was super proud of catching me, accused of me never paid for the years... why? They left me with a tresspass notice that doesn't even say for how long I'm banned from entering M&S. I felt I was discriminated too... what happened to your story? And what can I do?

Comment

Originally posted by Irina BE View Post
                  Pretty much the same thing happened to me this morning at M&S where I go almost every morning... I never forgot to pay but this morning I completely forgot to pay at a self-service checkout. They just made me a criminal and the security guy, who I say hello to, was super proud of catching me, accused of me never paid for the years... why? They left me with a tresspass notice that doesn't even say for how long I'm banned from entering M&S. I felt I was discriminated too... what happened to your story? And what can I do?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X