• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Missing items described on a Will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing items described on a Will

Hi
    I would really appreciate any comments on a problem I have. I am an honest person and about to complete the IHT400 after my mother recently passed away to the best of my ability.

On my mothers will it states that all of her Jewellery is to passed to my sister and my wife.When my sister and myself cleared my mother's house we found no jewellery. I am concerned how the inheritance tax staff will view this. The will was set up ten years ago, I have no idea what jewellery my mother had or what happened to it.

I hope they will take my word and do not want any more stress.
    Last edited by Jailor; 7th December 2019, 07:02:AM.
    Tags: None

Sorry to hear of your loss

As the will was written some years ago your mother could easily have disposed of any jewellery by sale or even gifting it to others.
    Perhaps she didn't even have any jewellery.

Presumably you are executor, and you can only deal with what is there

Comment

DES8 Many thanks for taking the time to reply. I am the executor of my mother's will.

Common sense tells me that no one can prove otherwise, having not been through this process before I am just worried they will think I am hiding there value.

Thanks again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X