• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Britannia Parking PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britannia Parking PCN

I have received a £60 PCN from Britannia Parking for parking on a pub forecourt (I am a fairly frequent visitor to the pub) and forgot to register my car registration number on the electronic device on the bar. I parked there only to go into the pub and was in the pub for about two and a half hours. It's the first PCN I've received and on searching blog on the internet there's lots of advice about ignoring it on the basis that the parking company is unlikely to go to the expense of taking me to court. Received their letter advising legal action and in the same envelope a BWLegal letter advising that they are pursuing the debt and warning of County Court proceedings.
    I've now received the BWLegal letter (posted onto this thread) titled "Letter of claim" with a reply deadline of 19 December. So they are persistent, as expected, and I suspect that considering there are many car parks policed by such companies there must be many civilians that have paid up to avoid the demanding letters that make this type of business worthwhile. However ignoring has a risk that they might take some to court to make a point that they should not be ignored.
    I added a post to a similar thread RSG1997 which has advice from OSTELL. I would appreciate your advice on how best to respond to this latest letter from BWLegal. Is there a letter that I can post to BWLegal to put them off or at least make a lot of work for them, perhaps one of the examples in the RSG1997 thread?
    Also thought of seeing if the pub landlord can over-rule them.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

So have you asked the pub to cancel it?Â* As a regular they must at least try.

Comment

So the pub should have agreement with parking company for parking control services. According to such agreements parking fee sum is split between landowner and the parking control company. So there is benefit for the pub of parking control and fees issued. Unless you have good contact with pub owners, they could write you notice of fee cancellation.
      Last edited by moneyback.lt; 28th November 2019, 10:06:AM.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I'm off to the pub.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X