• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Caught changing tags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught changing tags

There were 2 items, both identical products in the sale. 1 was priced at 1.50 and the other 2.50, but i switched the stickers as the more expensive one had a marginally nicer case. It was stupid and impulsive, and completely unnecessary but i just didnt think much of it at the time. I got stopped after paying for the goods and was made to return it. I was still allowed to keep 2 other items i had legitimately bought. No police were called and no details were taken but I am still paranoid this will somehow catch-up to me. I dont want any form of record and am now worrying about how that would affect my job prospects. Please helpÂ*
    Tags: None

No police..no details taken
    There will be no further action

Having taken the item back in a saleable condition, did the shop return your £1.50?

Comment

Originally posted by newjuan View Post
      There were 2 items, both identical products in the sale. 1 was priced at 1.50 and the other 2.50, but i switched the stickers as the more expensive one had a marginally nicer case. It was stupid and impulsive, and completely unnecessary but i just didnt think much of it at the time. I got stopped after paying for the goods and was made to return it. I was still allowed to keep 2 other items i had legitimately bought. No police were called and no details were taken but I am still paranoid this will somehow catch-up to me. I dont want any form of record and am now worrying about how that would affect my job prospects. Please helpÂ*
      Yes, I returned the item and got the money back.Â*

Comment

That was honest of them, but can't believe this happened over a WHOLE pound!

Comment

yes! and the products were essentially identical. unnecessary still, i know. just very nervous after as this usually isnt my scene

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X