• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Motorloan Plus Voluntary Termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorloan Plus Voluntary Termination

Hi,

I was hoping to get a bit of advise as my trust in finance companies/car dealerships has definitely been tested!

I was made aware of ‘voluntary termination’ by a colleague of mine upon me complaining about how much I pay for a 7 year Audi A1 (£350 pm!!). I did a bit of digging to learn I had indeed paid over 50% of the total amount payable which was around £22,000. I’m in my last year of my agreement.

I have sent a VT letter (using a template I found on here - thank you!) and the response I got back was very disappointing to say the least. Apparently i’m not in a PCP agreement as I originally thought and I believe sold but instead a Motorloan Plus agreement. According to the finance company this means VT is not an option. My only option is to either settle the agreement for approx £8,000 or see it out until the end.

Basically; I’d just like to know if this is correct as being naive is what got me into this agreement in the first place!

Would appreciate any advice at all.

Thanks!

Meg
    Tags: None

Hello

Without seeing a copy of the agreement and its terms and conditions, it's difficult to tell you what type of agreement you actually have. If the finance co. is telling you that voluntary termination is not an option it might be that the contract is a some kind of fixed sum loan which is similar to a bank loan and the ownership of the car belongs to you.

If you can provide a copy of the contract by uploading it on here along with its terms I will check for you - make sure any personal info has been redacted.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      Hello

Without seeing a copy of the agreement and its terms and conditions, it's difficult to tell you what type of agreement you actually have. If the finance co. is telling you that voluntary termination is not an option it might be that the contract is a some kind of fixed sum loan which is similar to a bank loan and the ownership of the car belongs to you.

If you can provide a copy of the contract by uploading it on here along with its terms I will check for you - make sure any personal info has been redacted.
      Thanks so much Rob - so sorry I've only just seen this response now. So frustrating as I feel like I've just been had off with the whole contract.Verbally they said PCP but looking at the contract it doesn't say PCP once! My fault for not seeing it but in all honesty I didn't know what I was looking at, I was just trusting what they where saying - rookie mistake! I've attached a copy of the contract, if you could have a look at it that would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Meg
      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, that's definitely a fixed sum loan. Did you receive any other paperwork that indicated it was a PCP?

You could make a formal complaint to the finance company, and then take it up to the Financial Ombudsman. There have been a couple of cases where customers were told it was a PCP only to find out it was a different type of agreement but not actually informed it had changed. That said, they normally have some evidence that they were told this. If you don't have anything then you might struggle but worth a try anyway since this route is free.

OTherwise the car belongs to you and you could sell it and try to pay off the loan but that's up to you.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X