• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ex partner, police and family court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex partner, police and family court

So I had absolutely no clue where to post this and it seems that there is a few who felt the same and have posted in thus area but feel free to direct to where I should be on my confusing complicated question.

So basically I have this ex partner, who was extremely abusive. I finally managed to inform the police of some of the things that had happened after I tried to get away and he lost it and cut me of from my daughter completely. One of the things I reported I was told was simply my worst against his but the other I had a recording of him admitting to doing it. All of this came back as no further action they told me it was just a family feud. They refused to look into the domestic abuse because we were no longer in a relationship and told me to just go to family court.

So I have recently found out the immediately after I reported his crimes to the police police started calling them up frequently making up lies, now a lot of these I can actually prove are not true. By doing this I know what I reported wasnt taken seriously and also he made a threat to kill my partner which was reported but also not investigated.

He also tracked me and my daughter for weeks at contacta then the last time I saw her his mother assaulted me, I called the police and reported it to them but apparently so did they, I then got questioned as a suspect but they have since dropped it with no further action as his story doesnt quite add up. To add to that thankfully because of everything he has done I record every time I come anywhere near him so I have a recording that proves he has lied to the police.

Its complicated and I apologise but honestly that just the start of explaining.

My question is how do I look into pressing charges against him for making false reports?

Or re open a nfa case as I think it was only looked at in the way it was because of the lies he told?

Also just in general any advice would be really helpful
    Tags: None

Sorry to hear of your situation.

Regarding the matter of false reports to the police there is effectively nothing you can do.
    Any report to the police is protected by absolute privilege Westcott v Westcott [2008] EWCA Civ 818 which means you can't sue him.

Regarding no further action, have you followed the complaints procedure of your local force?
    https://www.policeconduct.gov.uk/sit...the_police.pdf

For more hands on assistance you could try Women's Aid (https://www.womensaid.org.uk/) or perhaps Citizen Advice (https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/) could point you in the direction of help local to you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X