• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Compensation claims for flight delay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compensation claims for flight delay

Has anyone else been caught out by the company Compensation Claims gb ....They advertise to help with delayed and cancelled flights. If you click on a box to find out if you are eligible to make a claim and fill out boxes with details of your flight and sign the box and press submit, they later claim you have entered into a contract with them, even though that a contract is being entered into is in no way clear... there is tiny writing at the bottom of the page referring to an assignment form and terms and conditions. I saw none of this. They then hounded me with e mails and texts which I ignored and deleted without reading until, after a few weeks, I told them to go away. They are now sending invoices for £99 for what they claim to be a cancellation of a contract. It seems to me that a contract Is being entered into is not sufficiently clear for their contracts to be enforceable... has anyone else experience of this company?
    Tags: None

When you say 'sign' the box - do you mean draw your signature on the screen or tick a box ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Okay got it - that bit 'you agree with the assignment form' is actually a link to the agreement - there's no clue it is a link though, and who knows what an assignment firm

to get to this point there is absolutely no information on fees unless you go hunting for it

also nothing to say you are entering into an agreement

42B7A56B-93B2-4637-80F1-8FAECF49BAD1.png
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Completely not compliant IMO - I didn't put in my email address properly so I don't know what emails they send ( do you have any ?)

After you click send you get this page which has a link at the very very bottom ( about five scrolls down) to a pdf download of the agreement

image_37447.jpg

BE144AB8-B77F-47B7-9086-EE5D75EA4A4E.png
        #staysafestayhome

Comment

These are the applicable rules
          http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...chedule/2/made

As a flight delay compensation claim they are exempt from FCA claims management regulation / authorisation - but do still have to comply with the distance contract rules linked above.

The contract download is an 8 page pdf, the first page is that signature page Ive screenshotted above, the second page is blank, the third page starts the actual terms and conditions and is first mention of fees and cancellation.

Also states ' you've already seen the model cancellation form' which is a lie unless you've been right to the bottom of the pages to find it. It certainly not obvious or clear.

When you do find it it says £97.50 plus vat per hour if work they have done on the claim.
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Check if they emailed you the agreement and cancellation terms after you signed up xx
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

They claim to have sent a copies of the contract by e mail immediately however it was certainly never opened or read ...

Comment

And do you have the email still ?

To make the complaint we need to know the process they followed so that we can make the correct arguments regarding their complaint, and how the sign up process doesn't comply with the Consumer Contracts regulations.

Did you actually have a flight delay? and did you make a claim for compensation through other means?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  And do you have the email still ?

To make the complaint we need to know the process they followed so that we can make the correct arguments regarding their complaint, and how the sign up process doesn't comply with the Consumer Contracts regulations.

Did you actually have a flight delay? and did you make a claim for compensation through other means?
                  I did have a cancelled flight with BA and just decided not to follow up when BA sent an e mail refusing the claim. They have forwarded to me the e mail they claim to have sent to me ( and on the face of it it looks genuine) which attaches the contract. They did this when I sent them an e mail last week stating that I had no contract with them. I don’t remember ever receiving this on the date it looks to have been sent but I did delete loads of e mails and texts from them which asked me to complete the claim.... I didn’t not consider I had a contract or any kind of ongoing relationship with them.

Comment

amethsyt please check private posts
                    Last edited by o$86; 8th May 2020, 10:19:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X