• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help - conflicting advice re taking niece on holiday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help - conflicting advice re taking niece on holiday

Hello
    i hope someone can help me get some clarity on a situation. My niece lives with her grandparents (my parents) under a compulsory supervision order with a condition of residence. She has contact with both her parents who both still have parental rights. My parents do not have a residency order however the process for this will be starting shortly.
    So the problem is this my husband and I wish to take my niece on holiday in February. Her mum has consented but her father will not. I believe the situation to be that I need the permission of everyone with parental rights ie her mother and father. However our social work department are telling me this is not the case and the children’s reporter has apparently told them I only need one parents permission and probably my own parents as she is resident with them. Does anyone know this to be the case? Or if my mum comes with us can she come without her fathers permission as she lives with her and really needs to be where she is? I don’t want my niece to miss out but the last thing I want is to get to the airport and be turned away or worse arrested and have an extremely distressing situation on our hands.
    all help greatly appreciated!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X