• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car deposit refund.Car purchase cancellation.My rights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car deposit refund.Car purchase cancellation.My rights

Hi All

I wonder if you could advise me on this please.
    See below the all facts please.
    I wonder if you could advise on this.
    I have seen a car online ,Skoda approved dealership.
    I’ve requested a video of the car and then after receiving the video I have called the approved Skoda dealership to see if I can do a deal on the car that I like.
    We did agree on numbers and I have been asked to leave a non refundable deposit of £1000 which I did over the phone.
    I did not signed any contracts/finance agreements and it was advertised on their website for this car free delivery 100 miles so when asked the dealer about that he said yes that means I can bring it to Cardiff and collect from there to which I agree.
    I have explained the dealer that I wont be able to collect the car until I’ll be voluntary terminating my PCP agreement with Seat Financial services which I’ve already put the wheels in motion to voluntary terminate , the problem is that next appointment for British Car Auction to inspect and collect my car is on the 4th of November and I did book the inspection for the 4th of November.
    I have called the dealer and explain the circumstances and he said ,yeah no problem we will be keeping the car for you until you voluntary terminate and then you can collect the car.
    Yesterday I have called the car dealer to arrange to collect the car on the 8th of November from Cardiff as he told me before on the phone before giving him my £1000 deposit for the car .
    However, he then told me that I have to come to their office in North Wales to sign the finance agreement and they said they cannot deliver the car to Cardiff for me to collect from there next month.
    I repeat, I have not been to see the car nor test drive it and everything has been done on the phone, including taking £ 1000 from my card as deposit and to take the car off sale.
    I have give him the £1000 in good faith after he assured me he will come and meet me in Cardiff and I can collect the car from there.
    However now, they seem to be reluctant to do so and they’re expecting me to go on a train from London to Swansea and then from Swansea to North Wales to their office so I can sign the finance agreement, they’re insisting that I have to sign the finance agreement on their premises.
    I have told them that I find this very unreasonable for me to travel for more than 4 hours on trains especially when I’m just slowly recovering from a very bad sciatica that had been caused by my car seat in my Seat car that I m now voluntary terminate.
    They said they will get back to me today.
    The car has been off sale for two weeks now I think.
    Please could you be so kind and let me know where do I stand on this legally?
    If the’re adamant that I have to go to their office in North Wales to sign the paperwork and collect the car from there, is there any chance to not go ahead with this and will I’ll be entitled to get my £1000 back please just in case they don’t agree to meet me half way?
    Your help will be kindly appreciated.
    Thank you.

The dealer has agreed to meet me in Cardiff the beginning of November
    However, if I decide to not go ahead with the sale at all now, can I get my £ 1000 deposit back please?
    It has been more than three weeks now since they’ve taken the car from sale and safe keeping it for me..
    I did not sign any finance agreements or any other agreements and I have never seen the car in person, test drive it and have never put my foot on their forecourt, would I be able to get my £ 1000 deposit back please?
    I’m also getting extremely frustrated with the lack of response to my questions in regards to the car service history, multipoint inspection checks that I have asked to be carried out before taking ownership of the vehicle.
    Also,my financial circumstances have now changed and I think that I'm better off without the car financially.
    Also I'm still not fully recovered from this sciatica medical condition/illness that forced me to voluntary terminate my PCP financial agreement with Seat Financial Services as I can't drive the car anymore, not been suitable and there is no way I can drive another car until I'll be fully recovered.
    Will the dealer not kick up a fuss and refuse to refund my the deposit back please?
    Where do I stand on this legally please?
    I look forward to your response please.
    I’m very grateful for your advice, it is kindly appreciated.
    Thank you so much in advance.

Kind regards
    Tags: None

I have called the car dealer and asked for my deposit back but they are refusing to refund me my £1000 deposit back.
    They are trying to fob me off and keep delaying to get back to me every day.
    Please could you advise what will be the next step for me to take to ensure that I will get my deposit back from the car dealer please?
    I look forward to any useful advice please.
    Your help will be highly appreciated.
    Thank you.

Kind regards

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X