• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Trades Career

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EXC View Post
    If anyone is considering going to the Financial Ombudsman with complaints against Carnegie Consumer Finance, they'd do well to read & learn from some previous Ombudsman decisions:

Decision Reference DRN-1926698 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN0991979 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN6093460 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN7422514 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN9768341 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN5524580 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN2657244 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN5400336 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN5383581 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN9677640 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN5780483 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN5649465 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN3036056 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN7376513 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN3869627 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN7250733 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN9954505 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN6290903 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN1276946 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN7031080 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

The nature of the complaints mirror those detailed on the forum ie mis-selling, mis-representation and poor course quality.

Ombudsman decisions are the results of appeals, usually made by the complainant if the initial adjudicator rejects the complaint. Most of these decisions will necessarily go against the complainant because the initial adjudicator's decision will usually be right. But it doesn't necessarily mean that some or even most complaints aren't successful first time round.

I'll see if I can try and get the overall stats on complaints against Carnegie Consumer Finance.
    Thank you for this useful information, from what i can see nearly all of the complaints have been refused. The ones that are Crucial for me are the ones that have claimed that they have been mis-sold, even if the complainant has a genuine reason the FO have refused the claim as its nothing to do with the actuall credit company, which is partly true, in my case i complained to the collage ( got refused ) then complained to the credit company ( caladonian finance ( got refused )) and now iv complained to the FO ( will most likely get refused ) I have reported them to Trading standards, and this probably wont go anywhere....

anyway thank you for this info. if you have anymore or any links to back up the claims i would be most welcomed.

Comment

Can’t believe that out of all of those complaints only one person was able to actually beat them and win

Comment

Originally posted by Owen98 View Post
        Can’t believe that out of all of those complaints only one person was able to actually beat them and win
        Like I said they're only the ones that were appealed by the complainant. We don't know how many complaints were upheld first time around...yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Owen98 View Post
          you need to remember that the "credit compnay" are not responsible for the Mis-selling Allegations. But Yeah 100% proof that were stuck...... i'm waiting for my response and after seeing all of those, i'm not hopeful.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
            If anyone is considering going to the Financial Ombudsman with complaints against Carnegie Consumer Finance, they'd do well to read & learn from some previous Ombudsman decisions:

Decision Reference DRN-1926698 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN0991979 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN6093460 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN7422514 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN9768341 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN5524580 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN2657244 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN5400336 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN5383581 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN9677640 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN5780483 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN5649465 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN3036056 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN7376513 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN3869627 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN7250733 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN9954505 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN6290903 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN1276946 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN7031080 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

The nature of the complaints mirror those detailed on the forum ie mis-selling, mis-representation and poor course quality.

Ombudsman decisions are the results of appeals, usually made by the complainant if the initial adjudicator rejects the complaint. Most of these decisions will necessarily go against the complainant because the initial adjudicator's decision will usually be right. But it doesn't necessarily mean that some or even most complaints aren't successful first time round.

I'll see if I can try and get the overall stats on complaints against Carnegie Consumer Finance.
            ( Carnegie Consumer Finance. sold all of the contracts to Caladonian Finance Limited )

Comment

Originally posted by thomas88 View Post

Hi, i have had the same issue here, except i was told i would get a tutor, not a team of tutors. I have written about it here > New Trades Career ( Green 360 Ltd ) and Renewable Energy course - LegalBeagles Forum

The finance company are NOT interested in helping me all though I have gone through Citizens Advice, im at my witts end, i am fed up of paying for a course that only offers on the basis that they assume you don't need any, what good is that....

has anyone actually taken them to court or are "we" as in us as a community going to do something about it. i just want to leave, they have had enough money now to cover their costs, so i don't understand why they cant refund the owed monies.

im happy to help anyone who wants advice, if we share knowledge we might get somewhere... "I'm assuming that we all don't need help"
              Any advice greatly appreciated. My grandson signed up in December and change in circumstances means he cannot meet the payments. Although he asked for cancellation in Jan it was said he is out of the cooling of period. He owes £7,300 with no chance of paying this of for years. I have looked at a DRO which allows you to get rid of a debt but thought I would try the Financial Ombudsman but looking at the reaction people of had on here its a nono. He is only 19 years old and cant be saddled with a debt for the next 7 or 8 years, given he has no job!

Comment

I am also in the same boat as many of you

Comment

Everybody report this to financial obdsuman its a big SCAM ive been scammed iswell

Comment

Hi
                    I started the plumber course with New trades career for level 2 NVQ financed by Caledonian consumer finance ltd.
                    I started the course in 2018 and from the beginning I was told not to hurry and to take the course when I have free time, because there is no hurry. It was harder for me because English is not my first language and there are a lot of technical words, but I managed to finish 42 modules (chapters and as many tests) this being the equivalent of level 3 nvq. When I got to test 34 I sent a message to the course tutor and I told him that I said from the beginning that I want to do the NVQ level 2 course not level 3 .. and I was told when you finish the whole theory I will come to practice for level 2 nvq.
                    I want to mention that I had to go through tests and online courses that I felt were never ending ... only the books measured together are 22cm thick. Due to the pandemic, I did not practice and in April 2021 I was blocked from taking the online course because I do not do my best at the plumber course.
                    I was blocked by New trades career but I am under contract to continue to pay 1400 to Caledonian consumer finance ltd.
                    And I am insistently pressured with phone calls and emails to continue to pay the whole contract and after that to do what I want in court or where I see fit.
                    I can't say I'm a very good student, but I've been through a lot of theory
                    , even though I didn't gain a lot of knowledge doing our practice and I lost a lot of time and money and I didn't have any support from New trades career and they never sent me any message or email ... to tell me to I'm in a hurry to help me in some way. Initially I wanted to change my job but after a while I had the impression that it will never end ... The experience I had with this course was the nightmare of my life that unfortunately did not end ...
                    Thank you

Comment

I mention that this is not all ... I would have had other online tests in the past until I got to start the practice .... That does not mean that I would have passed the final exam ...

Comment

Originally posted by Saber View Post
                        Hello everyone I signed with the new trades career and know I started to have doubts, just wanted to ask if someone reach the practical. Cause they send me this health and safety test after 3 months of passing assessments, as a "pre_workshop test" and I'm trying to pass this test and everytime it's saying that I failed even though I'm sure I'm doing great on the test, and between attempts you need to wait 7 days, today was my second attempt, I contacted them by email cause the phone wasn't working, they said it's a computer generated test and we can't help you.
                        I failed that 4 times, I even did it with the book in front of me, reading the questions and googling every answer. I am sure that they purposely fail this to slow you down, in the end they sent me a written test which was 36 pages of multiple part questions, literally took me a few hours over a couple weeks to complete. Finally "Passed" that after ringing the tutor and asking why they just kept emailing me to say they have received it and not marked it. Then she just passed it like that.

I would just like to add.

I stupidly signed up to this as a friend of mine had done so also, told me it was a good course I could learn from home blah blah, we all fell for it.

All the fake websites with fake reviews, the crap course content.

Literally most of the stuff I am sent to check and links we receive all take us to free online pages supplied by the government or other training providers.

The "Course" costs £180 a month, apparently at these training centres you pay £50+ for each session when you are down there?

Literally I regret taking this out so much. I was sold the idea and told me how easy it can be to do in my own time, didnt mention the time limit.

I have looked at everything pretty much, we are stuck in this contract. The best thing we can do is literally try and work through it and get some qualification at least. I signed up in January 2020 so 2020 was an extra bad luck year for me.

Currently I have paid over £2880 with 16 months of £180 payments.

I feel for all of you because I am in the same position.

Comment

Hi guys, I'm in the same boat! Stuck paying for a course that's not real! I've complained to FCA, the ombudsman and all sorts but haven't heard anything back yet. I'm wondering if I could send a letter the Carnedge Consumer Finance and new trade career telling them I no longer intend to pay and am willing to take them to court. Would that have any effect do you think? I cant keep paying these idiots for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmy View Post
                            Hi guys, I'm in the same boat! Stuck paying for a course that's not real! I've complained to FCA, the ombudsman and all sorts but haven't heard anything back yet. I'm wondering if I could send a letter the Carnedge Consumer Finance and new trade career telling them I no longer intend to pay and am willing to take them to court. Would that have any effect do you think? I cant keep paying these idiots for nothing.
                            Hi grimmy, we all know that this course isn't real, its only till we're in to it after a month or two after the bull shite cooling off period has expired, I'm sure there are a few of us now that have reported this to the FCA but I know after looking at FCA complaints to this company they will not accept the complaint, this is because they "the finance company" haven't ( according to FCA ) done anything wrong, we've all been miss sold or mis advised about this course, I havent canceled my plan because I do not want a CCJ or and haven't got the time to be dealing with bailifs or threatening letters.

Drop your story on here, the more people that point out that there's obviously an issue with their trading practices, they make it incredibly difficult to pull out of the contract, this is because the finance isn't provided by the pretend collage. Even the "state of the art" training centers are operated by a third party and not the collage, so what does this collage actually teach you for the 8k?

Thats a question I'm dying to know?

Tell us your story......

Comment

Hi mate, my story is basically the same as everyone else's. I applied for a electrical course, they persuaded me to do the renewable energy engineering course instead as I already work with biomass boilers. They signed me up, I paid the £60 up front cost, they sent me a briefcase with some booklets and some CD Rom things. I rang the course tutors to introduce myself and that's the last I heard from a tutor, that was in November 2020. I figured lockdown had effected them so.i didn't think much of it. I carried on doing coursework and got more and more suspicious that it's all bull, there's spelling mistakes in the booklets and it generally doesn't make much sense. I would do a module or two and then do a tutor marked assessment which is literally 5 questions. At one point I just thought this has got to be a scam so I googled how to cancel the course as I can't really afford it anymore and found all these horror stories online about Carnedge and New Trade Career not letting people cancel.
                              I had a call today from the Ombudsman after reporting it and they basically told me New trade careers have done nothing wrong. The only advice I was given was to tell my bank not to let them take anymore money and to tell new trade careers that their service is useless. I'm struggling to understand what I can do next.

Comment

Hello

just wondering if anybody has had a response from the ombudsman’s man

been signed up to a renewable energy course and Missd like the rest in around 16months through problems came to light when I came to going for my tests

location wasn’t what was agreed
                                The amount of days I was needed to attend didn’t fit my work shift pattern etc

tried to cancel they refused
                                tried the finance people they have refused
                                looking at the ombudsman now

is there any success stories ?

I have also seen people just cancel which I’d be happy to do if this is actually possible to stop this nightmare

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X