• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Trades Career

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green360 limited (new trades career) have passed my data to a third party franchise who work closely with green360 limited so they can protect themselves!

I never knew about this either.

We all need to come together and report this all as one. We need to build a stronger case against these scammers!

I’m almost ready to take this to court.

Comment

Another company called ménage pontano limited, they don’t even have an official website!! Another big red flag!!

Comment

I would recommend you keep making the payments until you can find a way out BUT only pay a token amount, speak to citizens advise and get them to work on your behalf to come up with a payment plan that won’t affect your life, the reason you do this is because we all have technically signed a legally binding agreement. So we need to “look good” on our side of the contract and to make them “look bad” as they need to be exposed! If you go to court it will look better for you if you keep making little payments. Speak to the authorities for more help!! Report this!!

Comment

Originally posted by eaviviox View Post
          Hi, My boyfriend singed up to a plumbing course in Jan 2020 and he is in exactly the same boat. He completed 3 of the books and then got stuck so asked for help from his tutor (Ranj - who also turned out to be the sales guy who came to the house) in July 2020 and hasn't had response still to this day... He didn't know it was a loan and its not showing on his credit score either. We have reported this to citizens advice and trading standards and are looking into raising a small courts claim on the grounds the they have not upheld their side of the agreement. EVERYBODY NEEDS TO REPORT THESE PEOPLE!!. he has paid £2400 + £60 registration fee up until now and the total cost is £7800. It's defo a scam..
          Hi, i have had the same issue here, except i was told i would get a tutor, not a team of tutors. I have written about it here > New Trades Career ( Green 360 Ltd ) and Renewable Energy course - LegalBeagles Forum

The finance company are NOT interested in helping me all though I have gone through Citizens Advice, im at my witts end, i am fed up of paying for a course that only offers on the basis that they assume you don't need any, what good is that....

has anyone actually taken them to court or are "we" as in us as a community going to do something about it. i just want to leave, they have had enough money now to cover their costs, so i don't understand why they cant refund the owed monies.

im happy to help anyone who wants advice, if we share knowledge we might get somewhere... "I'm assuming that we all don't need help"

Comment

Originally posted by Owen98

I signed up for this last year, tried cancelling but of course was too late because of the cooling off period. Phoned up citizen advice but they weren’t much help to me, we all know it’s a scam and the fact they threaten by saying if you don’t pay your credit score will be affected. Well no it won’t because I’ve cancelled and mine is still the exact same. I’ve emailed them saying I’m cancelling the course as I was mis-sold the entire thing however they want proof that they were mis-sold however you don’t have to prove this, the company that sold you the product/training course has to prove that they did not mis-sell you it. I did this just over 4 weeks and still no response because the finance company is trying to get in touch with new trades career and they can’t get any information from them
            , Hi Owen98, iv had the exact same response from the finance company saying that i cant prove it, Of course i cant prove it was all verbal over webcam and phone calls, they said i took too long to cancel, tbh I don't think I did. I was with-in 90 days of the contract, therefore I'm with-in my 90 day contractual period. Obviously this fell on def ears too.

so, did you actually cancel the loan agreement. iv got 3 years left, I could cry. I mean I'm happy for them to just finish it as it is, they have had enough out of me.

im in contact with the financial ombudsman currently, trying to get some sort of resolution.

# also the more evidence we have the better we have a chance of getting our money back, please do get in contact
            Last edited by thomas88; 30th March 2021, 10:02:AM. Reason: Please get in contact. i will try to help

Comment

I’m having no luck on this one at the moment, I’m in touch with hallmark solicitors but I’m going to seek others who can help most with our case. I think we all need to come together and make a claim with the same solicitors to make our case stronger as it looks like we are going to really struggle on our own, will anyone join me in the case to get us all cancelled? I’m prepared to take this on? Please message me

Comment

I really need help with this.. feel proper silly.. how can I fall for this.. any information please help me

Comment

Originally posted by Joh car View Post
                  I’m having no luck on this one at the moment, I’m in touch with hallmark solicitors but I’m going to seek others who can help most with our case. I think we all need to come together and make a claim with the same solicitors to make our case stronger as it looks like we are going to really struggle on our own, will anyone join me in the case to get us all cancelled? I’m prepared to take this on? Please message me
                  hi could i possibly contact you regards your situation going forward in an email directly??

Comment

I am so pleased I have found a forum regarding this company, sadly if I hadn't I would of been signing up with these on Thursday. However I am still going to have this phone call with them, I will be asking them outright what their game is. I cannot believe I am reading that these sorts of companies are doing this and clearly getting away with scamming people.
                    just looked on the government website and apparently this company listed in 2017 is dormant, net assets is showing £1.... its a ****ing joke.
                    I am sorry if this comment of mine isn't very helpful, I hope everyone continuing with their fight get somwhere.
                    I am gutted because I really want to achieve a trades qualification behind me but whilst I can continue to work full time. Good luck everyone! They should not be able to get away this. Absolute ****ing joke. I don't know how they sleep at night.

Comment

I’m currently with new trades career. Signed up before Christmas and soon realised that this whole this is a scam but was just a bit late realising it. I’ve looked into loads of different companies that are linked together and in the past they went by different names. I’ve cancelled my payments to Caledonian and now they’re sending me letters and phoning me up about the payments. I’m basically going down the route of being mis sold and misrepresented the course because it’s nothing like what I was told and then make Caledonian and new trades career fight it out between them. Nothing is coming up on my credit score that I have a loan out which makes this whole thing a bit dodgy and that was when I realised this is just a big scam.
                      Hi mate, I'm on the brink of cancelling my payments and possibly seeing a solicitor, was just wondering what the current situation is with new trades career and caledonian, are they off your case yet and did they take you to court or anything like that. If you could please let me know because I've had enough of them taking my money. Thank you.

Comment

I signed up for this last year, tried cancelling but of course was too late because of the cooling off period. Phoned up citizen advice but they weren’t much help to me, we all know it’s a scam and the fact they threaten by saying if you don’t pay your credit score will be affected. Well no it won’t because I’ve cancelled and mine is still the exact same. I’ve emailed them saying I’m cancelling the course as I was mis-sold the entire thing however they want proof that they were mis-sold however you don’t have to prove this, the company that sold you the product/training course has to prove that they did not mis-sell you it. I did this just over 4 weeks and still no response because the finance company is trying to get in touch with new trades career and they can’t get any information from them
                        Hi mate, I'm looking to cancel my payments and maybe see a solicitor because I too was completely mis-sold the course, of course they've refused my withdrawal which I imagined they would. I was wondering if you could please tell me the outcome of your situation because if nothing bad had happened I'd be happy to just ring them back up and say "I'm cancelling", and just be done with it. If you could let me know I would greatly appreciate it as I am just so angry with their lies and everything else. Thanks

Comment

Caledonian keep ringing me asking for the payments but I should know more within the next two weeks as I phoned up the financial ombudsman and they are now looking into it for me. I’m sure I’ll get threats about a debt collection agency soon but they can’t do that until they take me to court. I feel like if enough people go to the financial ombudsman then they should be able to sort it out. They will most likely ask if you’ve put a complaint in and then you have to wait 8 weeks. I’ve waited a long time now so that’s why I went to them but I’m sure if you explain the situation they will make an acception

Comment

Originally posted by Owen98 View Post
                            Caledonian keep ringing me asking for the payments but I should know more within the next two weeks as I phoned up the financial ombudsman and they are now looking into it for me. I’m sure I’ll get threats about a debt collection agency soon but they can’t do that until they take me to court. I feel like if enough people go to the financial ombudsman then they should be able to sort it out. They will most likely ask if you’ve put a complaint in and then you have to wait 8 weeks. I’ve waited a long time now so that’s why I went to them but I’m sure if you explain the situation they will make an acception
                            Hi Owen98, i have now done the same, i have also been told that all of our posts will be deleted under the "Defamation Act" this is absolute ridiculous, considering 98% of the above info is correct. i Will not be bullied in to giving up. I hope everyone else will stand strong and fight for what is right.

Comment

If anyone is considering going to the Financial Ombudsman with complaints against Carnegie Consumer Finance, they'd do well to read & learn from some previous Ombudsman decisions:

Decision Reference DRN-1926698 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN0991979 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN6093460 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN7422514 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN9768341 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN5524580 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN2657244 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN5400336 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN5383581 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN9677640 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN5780483 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN5649465 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN3036056 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN7376513 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN3869627 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN7250733 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN9954505 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN6290903 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN1276946 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Decision Reference DRN7031080 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

The nature of the complaints mirror those detailed on the forum ie mis-selling, mis-representation and poor course quality.

Ombudsman decisions are the results of appeals, usually made by the complainant if the initial adjudicator rejects the complaint. Most of these decisions will necessarily go against the complainant because the initial adjudicator's decision will usually be right. But it doesn't necessarily mean that some or even most complaints aren't successful first time round.

I'll see if I can try and get the overall stats on complaints against Carnegie Consumer Finance.

Comment

Originally posted by Owen98 View Post
                                Hi Owen, thanks for posting this bit of feedback, really appreciate it. Fingers crossed everything works out okay.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X