• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Trades Career ( Green 360 Ltd ) and Renewable Energy course

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Trades Career ( Green 360 Ltd ) and Renewable Energy course

Personally, I think you are far better getting an apprenticeship so you can train on the job or take an evening/day class at college, and check direct withBPEC and C&G for any qualifcations you might need and go direct to training centres.

However....

For information purposes, these seem to be taking up the challenge from Trades Gateway / Marlborough / Metropolitan. Same kind of sales pitch - call or fill in details on website and sales rep comes to your house to sign you up and give you a credit agreement then the course is taken online through multiple choice questions and then a few weeks of training at a training centre ( don't know which ones they use yet )

The company is Green 360 Ltd ( https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history ) who trade as New Trades Career

Green 360 Ltd are authorised by the FCA to act as a credit broker as a Domestic Premises Supplier. See the FCA Auth https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_Fir...000000oSniMAAS

They seem to use Carnegie Consumer Finance - authorised https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_Fir...000001SHaCuAAL - as the finance company

They sell courses for trades like

Electrics
    Welding
    Renewables
    Plumbing
    Gas

For Renewables they state
    Domestic Renewable Energy Engineer
    • BPEC 1999 Water Regulations
    • City & Guilds 6035 Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies, or
    • BPEC NVQ Level 2
    • City & Guilds 6035 Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing Studies, or
    • BPEC NVQ Level 3
    • BPEC – Part L Energy Efficiency
    • BPEC – Part P Defined Scope
    • BPEC – Installation, Service and Maintenance of Domestic Unvented Hot Water Systems
    • BPEC – Installation and Maintenance of Solar Hot Water Systems
    • BPEC – Installation and Maintenance of Heat Pump Systems
    • BPEC – Certification in Underfloor Heating
    • BPEC - Rainwater Harvesting & Grey Water Recycling

Please note that all examinations and assessments are conducted by an accredited external organisation and all BPEC qualifications are delivered through BPEC approved training centres.
    BPEC - http://bpec.org.uk/centre-area/working-with-bpec/

This is the BPEC info on Renewables Qualifications http://bpec.org.uk/qualifications/re...ualifications/ and these are their centres http://bpec.org.uk/learners/centres/

We don't know which external organisation they use however they (Green 360) are not an approved City & Guilds Centre themselves https://www.cityandguilds.com/

This is the City & Guilds info on Plumbing Studies ( C&G 6035 ) https://www.cityandguilds.com/qualif...ion&acc=level2 - https://www.cityandguilds.com/search...res&s=distance is a list of places you can take that qualification.

The Director of Green 360 Ltd is Ian John Morris. He is also a Director of Byte Size Training Solutions Ltd registered at Hamilton House, 80-88, Collingdon Street, Luton, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom, LU1 1RX of which Deepak Shamdas used to be Director. Deepak Shamdas also used to be Director of Train2Game (and others) and was Director of Metropolitan International College. So it appears this company is related to Marlborough / Trades Gateway / Train 2 Game etc.

The Paperwork is very similar.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Is there anyway to get out of the finance agreements with these guys? I know someone who is doing an electrical course with them but is disappointed in the content after speaking to an electrician about the course who said content was not going to prepare him for an actual job.

Comment

My son has signed up for a plumbing course some 2 moths ago. He was desperate to get a career after leaving the forces. He has come to reallise that it isnt working for him as he does not have the time due to work commitments to do the course. He filled the form in on-line and within a week they had him signed up after two visits to his house, so what is the answer to getting out of this contract?

Comment

Is anyone still using this site? I'm interested in your stories.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamAnt
          I am also stuck with trying to get out of a Plumbing Course with New Trade Careers - anyone had any success yet and what have you done? I have written to them saying that the course is inadequate and my reasons for cancelling. NTC said that they encourage me not to stop my studies but that the course is financed through Caledonian Consumer Finance and not directly with them and that this is who I need to approach?

I also have a witness who was with me when the training package was sold to me and what I am getting now bears no resemblance to wat was described at all.

Anyone any updates?

thanks
          Adam
          Hi Adam, i am in the same boat as you, I was mis sold the course and was told at the time of signing that i would get a tutor and not a team of tutors, i followed all instructions like introducing myself and all other stuff, i called on the 27th of Jan asking why haven't i been set a tutor yet, they explained that i wouldn't be assigned one and that its a tutor team, when i signed up i was told by the person signing me up i would be assigned a tutor. they have practically stolen 8k off me, i have exercised my right to cancel, they are having none of it, have you had any movement ?

Comment

Hello, I have a situation where after nearly 90 days of being on the course it isn't what it was advertised to me, long story short, i applied for this course as i wanted to branch out my knowledge with in the electrical sector, after meeting the sales rep over a video call, she showed me a fancy video with tommy walsh in it, after nearly 2 hours and many questions i said id like to sleep on it, the following day she called again and i signed up, this was under the conditions that she presented, one of these were that fact that you'd have a tutor to assist you all the way, nearly 90 days in to the course, i called the New Traders College on the 27th January to enquire why i still haven't been assigned a tutor, the rep told me over the phone that a tutor wont be assigned to me as they "assume" that you wont need help, he then said it would be your responsibility to contact them, when i signed up i asked if i would be assigned a tutor, i asked this question both days when signing up.

i have now been emailing them for the past few days trying to get a resolution with regards to leaving the course, i followed their guide on how to cancel the course, they then said i cant because the cooling off period has expired, i then explained that i have been miss-sold/misrepresentation of the course its self, they have been emailing back arguing that they don't have to cancel the course as the the cooling period has expired. yet again they have assumed that i know all of this and that this was explained at the beginning ( it wasn't ).

i have contacted the Citizens advice and they have said i have rights as a consumer and have advised me to send them an email and letter, i have done this but yet again I feel like this has all been disregarded from their reply. There has to be a solution to this, i haven't technically cost the Company anything yet so i cant see why its a problem to cancel the contract.

i hope someone could help me with this, i'm not sure if i can post any of the info on here while its an active case.

Comment

Has anybody resolved this as of yet? Any advice would be massively appreciated please.

Comment

I’m having no luck on this one at the moment, I’m in touch with hallmark solicitors but I’m going to seek others who can help most with our case. I think we all need to come together and make a claim with the same solicitors to make our case stronger as it looks like we are going to really struggle on our own, will anyone join me in the case to get us all cancelled? I’m prepared to take this on? Please message me

Comment

Originally posted by Joh car View Post
                  I’m having no luck on this one at the moment, I’m in touch with hallmark solicitors but I’m going to seek others who can help most with our case. I think we all need to come together and make a claim with the same solicitors to make our case stronger as it looks like we are going to really struggle on our own, will anyone join me in the case to get us all cancelled? I’m prepared to take this on? Please message me
                  Hi John, how's things coming along with this ?

Comment

Count me in still. The fact they are trying to silence us is VERY telling.

Comment

Originally posted by e36man View Post
                      Count me in still. The fact they are trying to silence us is VERY telling.
                      have you responded to the Defamation Act email. PM me please with details. thanks

Comment

So I just had an ad for https://www.trainintrades.co.uk pop up on Facebook. May or may not be related to NTC but the vibe is very similar and the website is so shonky it's unbelievable. Definitely reeks of something!

Comment

Originally posted by thomas88 View Post

have you responded to the Defamation Act email. PM me please with details. thanks
                          I'm not sure if it's just because it's late, or I'm blind, or maybe I have to make more posts on the forum before I can see it, but I can't find the PM button on here!

Comment

another note, the company behind NTC ( green 360 ltd ) are currently listed as > active - Active proposal to strike off ? > im not clued up on this stuff but, from what i have read its where a company may be dissolved. can some one tell me what it means please ?

GREEN 360 LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House) (company-information.service.gov.uk)

Comment

Originally posted by thomas88 View Post
                              another note, the company behind NTC ( green 360 ltd ) are currently listed as > active - Active proposal to strike off ? > im not clued up on this stuff but, from what i have read its where a company may be dissolved. can some one tell me what it means please ?

GREEN 360 LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House) (company-information.service.gov.uk)
                              Hey Tom, I've just signed up and tried to private message you. I believe I might have to wait a bit before being able to.

I'm unsure if there's any central space where a larger lawsuit is being gathered that I can contribute to.
                              I've also been stung for £7800 that I'm still paying off. Even though I was under debt consolidation at the time where they came around my house.
                              I believe it may actually be illegal to take out new credit if you're actively under consolidation?
                              I'm also diagnosed with Aspergers and feel like they've completely conned me.

This is a neverending nightmare :/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X