• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Small claims court re PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small claims court re PCN

Good morning,

Please help me.

In Septmeber 2018 I attended our local vets and parked in the car park for around 25 minutes. The reason for the visit was because our labrador was terminally ill and was subsequently put to sleep during the 25 minute visit. The vets had a machine to enter the VRM for my vehicle into and whilst carrying our dying dog I entered what I believed to be an accurate VRM .

Weeks later I received letters to my parents address where my vehicle was registered however I live in a different county with my girlfriend. As a result I missed the appeal time.

I contacted the vets and they told me not to worry as they had an agreement with civil enforcement Ltd whereby they could contact them and quash 5 tickets each month. They tried to do this for me and explained to CEL the reason for my visit and confirmed I was a genuine customer but CEL stated I was out of time and would be prosecuted.

I still sent them an appeal however they told me the same.

I now have a small claims court date in January andI am going to fight this all the way as they are immoral and heartless and they are in full receipt of the circumstances from me and the vets.

My appeal was purely on the basis that I have imputed my VRM incorrectly whilst holding a dying dog all of which is true. They have made no effort to search for a VRM which is one digit out for example.

Please help

Stu
    Tags: None

If they accepted appeals then they would make no money.

Do you have any hard copy or emails of the vet asking CEL to cancel?

CEL tend to threat en court and push as far as they can and then withdraw at the last moment.

Comment

I have confirmation from the vets that they contacted them yes and the content of their discussion. Now that I have a court date I will have to attend wont I? Are they likely to turn up ?

Comment

Yes, introduce the documents in your witness statement.

Comment

From what you know do they regularly turn up at court ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X