• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Penalty Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penalty Charge Notice

Hi, I’m just looking for a bit of advice please. I received a penalty charge notice in February for parking on a new estate near work. Im not sure if it’s relevant but they had observed me parked for 18 minutes and the initial ticket stuck to my windscreen got my reg number wrong.

I followed advice that I should ignore all correspondence as this was just an invoice and was not enforceable. It was then passed on to Gladstone solicitors but again I continued to ignore the letters.

I have now received a claim form from the county court business centre in Northampton for over £250 and I’m not sure what to do next?

Thanks in in advance.
    Tags: None

Hi

If in doubt contact the County Court and ask advice?
    Especially if it has a court date on it?

Hopefully someone with better understanding will reply to you.

I think I’m going to be in the same situation as you soon.

If you find out the correct next step, please post it.

All the best.

Comment

Hi
      First thing is to acknowledge the claim but do not enter a defence at the moment.
      No point contacting the court as they cannot give advice.
      Post up here the original PCN (remove identifying details first) and someone will be along (after the weekend perhaps) to help

Comment

After acknowledging you have 33 days from the issue of the form to get your defence to the court

So if the reg was wrong how did they find you, did you receive a letter in the post, a Notice to Keeper? Did it say Penalty Charge? Let's get the facts correct.

Edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred, use "the driver ......" etc

Can you post up that first letter that you received in the post redacted if identifying details but leave dates.

If you have not got the forms then a SAR to the parking company.

As you have found out ignore has not been good advice since 2012.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X