• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Former Employer Vendetta - Interfering with my new job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Employer Vendetta - Interfering with my new job

Hi, I am a female concrete driver. During my induction and training phase (Two Weeks Normally), with a major ready mix company, the Distribution Resource Manager, dismissed me based on the grounds and I quote "You are not reaching company standards". A common phrase used when you want to dismiss someone without supporting much evidence of the fact. I at the time contacted a legal team and spoke to Citizen Advise that I had not even completed my training when this assumption was made. I was told If I had not been with the company for at least 2 years nothing could be done. I know at the time I was being discriminated against as I was a female in a very dominated industry, however I could not prove this. I let it go.

Within a few days, I was employed by another major ready mix company. I went through the induction and training phase, now this is the kicker … the company is subcontracted to the first company that dismissed me. I have to drive one of their branded vehicles, I work out of the clients plant and work with their staff. Guess what, the Distribution Resource Manager that Dismissed me, is now the client, I see him often. He was shocked to hear I am back working on his plant and on his contract, and what has actually put the spanners in the works is, I had to be signed off by two company assessors (First Company known as the client and my own company) to say that I am working up to company standard. I have now completed my probationary period of three months. To say it has been a challenge is an understatement as I have been under a microscope from day one.

Three weeks ago I had an issue on a site. The details of this actual contract I can not disclose for various data protection and privacy reason. The supervisor and I had a run in, however, we managed to sort it out immediately on the site with no issues. I had written an email to the client (First Company) at the time, explaining the issue on the site. I also had a verbal discussion with two of my managers re the incident on that site. This specific site have a low tollarence to site issues, they will ban you from entering the site should they feel the issue is not resolved. I did not think much about it, as I had not heard any news that the issue was not resolved. A few days ago, I was requested to deliver concrete to the same client again. On my arrival in the site, a different site supervisor approached me, he asked if I am okay, and if there would be any issues. We spoke for a while politely, and he allowed me to enter the site. No problem delivering that load. I left the site with a smile, so did the supervisor. All good. I returned to plant, spoke to a colleague, as he had, an issue on that same site I had delivered to, and was winging about the site access. I told him of my experience in the site, and explained to him all is good. The very next day, I was told by other work colleagues I am banned from entering that work site. I said could not be, as I have just made deliveries to that site. I took no notice to gossip, which is a common thing in this industry.

I had a slight accident on a plant two day after this discussion. Nothing major. The next thing my General Manager contacted me requesting a meeting as to the plant incident, and that he also needed to discuss complaints raised by this Distribution Resource Manager that Dismissed me (The Client). I asked what complaints, it came out the situation with the site supervisor on ??? Site, as I have been banned. I was not banned, as I had entered the site after the initial site issue three weeks earlier and also I was given a weekly pass to deliver concrete to this site. In my opinion if I was banned from that site by that client he would not have issued me with a weekly pass?

My main concern is, as the person that dismissed me is the client and also the person making these allegations, I am not going to be given a fair chance to state my experience and case. I feel I am now being discriminated against because I am a female and being victimised (Bullied). This is interfering with my new job and my career. This Distribution Resource manager from the previous company clearly has a vendetta against me, based on the fact that I have embarrassed him by working directly under his nose, after he felt I was not up to company standards.

I did a little investigation of my own. We have a shipping / distribution centre that allocates our workloads. They are always first to be informed of any issues with drivers and if they are allowed to enter a site, I made a call asking shipping if I had been banned from entering the client site. They confirmed that no such note has been added to the system and as far as they are concerned I can enter the client site.

What are my options, could I refuse to have any meeting with the Resource Distribution Manager (Former Employer) and my General Manager based on the fact he has a vendetta against me.

Please advise what are my options on dealing with this. Thank You.

Tags: None

Make a formal complaint about this man and then get a solicitor . Write everything down in a diary about what has happened and keep derailed records from now on as this is good evidence.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X