• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form and defence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim form and defence

I'received a claim form against me and am slightly confuse as to the procedure.
    In the defence section do I briefly state I deny the claims and why?
    Then am I correct in thinking later on I put a statement together referencing all my evidence and what happend?
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Why not explain what it is all about first?

Comment

Hi Ploddertom. I did post the following earlier in the week to no avail. I can post a copy of the claim if that's more helpful?
      Im a small contractor that has been issued with 4 invoices from a subcontractor all which I dispute (£6k)
      Extra hire on equipment caused by their own delays in finishing the work
      Damage to their own boards they drove over to get their own vehicles across a grassed area. They allege I agreed to pay in a phone call.
      Damage to their sign that didn't have permission to be erected, I removed it informed them by phone , it remained uncollected and was only reported damaged a month after it was taken away.
      A charge for 18 weekly visits that never took place of which 2 of the claimed visits I have cctv of no one visiting, no enteries in a sign in register (I dont have a complete register as some weeks have not been kept)

I am counter claiming for damage to a footpath they had clear instruction not to use, damage to the building caused by them removing equipment and equipment left on site (damaged fencing which I had to cut up to dispose of)
      Hope that s not too vague? (£3k total)
      I have drafted a defence but not sure how much detail I should go into. Do I reference emails, abusive phone calls, cctv etc

Comment

Not quite straightforward then. Have you acknowledged the Claim yet - I'm not sure of timings but think you get some 30 days or so to do it - and say you intend to defend all. You then have a further period of time in which to lodge your defence - you would need to explain why you think you don't owe it. Others on here know the finer points but it may be worth considering Mediation to see if agreement can be reached without going to Court - it may be that the Claimant is unwilling to pay for a Hearing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X