• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Bailiff siding with the debtor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Bailiff siding with the debtor

I have a warrant awarded by the County Court but have been advised by the Debtor that they contacted the County Court Bailiffs and have placed the warrant on hold as the Debtor is missing some paperwork.

This is just delay tactics from the Debtor but more annoying is that the Bailiffs seem to be siding with the Debtor. Are Bailiffs allowed to demonstrate opinion on these matters and delay the execution of a warrant without further court involvement?

If no, what action can I take to get them to do their job?
    Tags: None

They may have applied for an action that may Suspend the Warrant in which case it is usually a sensible course for the Bailiff not to proceed until the application is decided. How much was Judgment for?

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
      They may have applied for an action that may Suspend the Warrant in which case it is usually a sensible course for the Bailiff not to proceed until the application is decided. How much was Judgment for?
      £900

And yes, there is an application to set the default judgement aside, how do I defend the default judgement or point out that the only reason they defendant is trying to get the Judgement set aside is to get out of paying? Also, I had kept the defendant informed of everything but the defendant is claiming they knew nothing, can I ask for the costs of the warrant that is now barred back from the defendant?

Comment

The Defendant should produce a defence to the claim for which you should receive a copy prior to any Hearing, you can then respond to any of the points made.

Comment

Thnaks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X