• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Employment Tribunal - Witnesses.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Tribunal - Witnesses.

Hello everyone.

I'm not too sure how much to write but I have my hearing in November and I've now had paperwork to say that the employer will be calling in the region of ten witnesses, yes, that's right, ten!!

Isn't this unusual of is it a tactic that's used to intimidate? At the meeting I was dismissed, I had a falling out with the owner so it wasn't work related per se'. There were only three other people in this meeting, so I can only guess that the employer is now planning on making a case for my dismissal using whatever means he has at his disposal.

He's proved himself to be a liar, and the argument stemmed from the fact that I found that a director had intentionally overcharged a client by 300k, because of my role there were seniors in the company that wanted me to write to the customer and say that we have conducted a thorough investigation and have found no further failures. The customer queried over charging on works valued at around 30k. Accounts were trying to resolve it but I was copied in to an email by the account, from the project manager, stating that we needed to resolve this quickly because "he didn't want them looking into the situation to closely" (I have a copy of this email).

I refused to send the letter/email of assurance, this was what ultimately led to the dismissal.

After over a year of battling I'm feeling exhausted and could quite honestly give up! Being dismissed was bad enough, and the thought of sitting in a hearing listening to whatever 2these people" have to say could quite honestly finish me off, which bring me to the last words spoken by my employer, "I'm going to finish you!".

Any thoughts? Advice?

Your sincerely,

Exhausted!
    Tags: None

I would have thought that the testimony of 10 witnesses, far from damaging your case, may be something that works to your advantage. Reason It will be very difficult for 10 witnesses to sing in harmony, from the same page of the hymnbook.

Your case, as I understand it, is, shortly put, is that a director of the firm carried out a criminal fraud - see the Fraud Act, by charging the client for work that he knew had not been done.The client queried that, and your ex firm admitted that the work had not been done. The client asked whether any other work had been billed for, but not done. The firm purported to carry out a full investigation. It did not do so. You were instructed to say that a full investigation had occurred and no further false billing had been found. You refused to carry out that instruction, presumably because you had reason to believe that no full investigation had been carried out and therefore the question whether any further false billing had occurred remained undiscovered.

Have I got the gist of it?

However, depending on the amount of the claim, you may wish to obtain professional representation, prior to and during the hearing.
    Last edited by efpom; 7th September 2019, 08:20:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X