• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How much notice do I have to give someone to remove property from my home?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much notice do I have to give someone to remove property from my home?

To cut a very long story short, I have been storing a considerable amount of property in my home, but now want it removed so that I can reclaim the whole of my house. How much notice do I have to give to the person whose now undertaken the responsibility for it and if it is not removed can I dispose of it.
    Tags: None

On what basis is it being stored in your home? Who does it belong to ? An ex-tenant?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Well, my wife was an LPA for her father who is currently in a care home. He wanted us to clear his house and put it on the market, which we did. However, due to a family feud, my wifes brother talked the father into revoking her LPA. As we stored most of the property that the father might have needed one day, we have it in our house. He brother has made insinuations that we were acting improperly... So as he has applied to become an LPA he has assumed responsibility for the property. So we want to be fair and give time time to collect the property,at the same time, we no longer feel we should keep it here in case of further insinuations etc.It is very awkward because of the feud.

Comment

In law, you would seem to be a voluntary bailee. You now wish to bring that arrangement to an end. In play - Torts (Interference with Goods) Act 1977 (the Act), the person in control of another person’s goods,:
        See https://www.stephens-scown.co.uk/com...tary-bailment/

Comment

Thank you, I think that covers what the situation is. That has been a big help. Thanks again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X