• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank Smart...help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Smart...help!!

My parents engaged Bank Smart back in 2012 in pursuit of mis-sold PPI, no copies of a signed contract were kept. The first 3 claims did not yield any applicable refunds and they have paid upwards of £400 to Bank Smart for what they class as reasonable fees. There are 9 other claims which were created in March 2015 that are “awaiting authorisation”; my parents are frightened to continue engaging with Bank Smart therefore no letters of authority have ever been signed and returned for further investigations to continue. Looking at the BankSmart T&C’s today it appears that the only option is either pay maximum cancellation fees of £480 (400+VAT) per claim, so c£4,320 worst case scenario, or sign LOA’s for Bank Smart to continue their investigations. What is the legal position on this? Is there a time period, after claim creation date, at which these claims will cease without recourse from Bank Smart or will my parents have to see this through to the bitter end, knowing that they will need to continue parting with cash to pay for “reasonable fees”. My parents are pensioners and the thought of having to pay money that they can ill afford is causing a great deal of anxiety. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Hi, have you had any advise yet ? I feel sick to the core with worry - I paid £155 and another 134 this week to get of these parasites. today i have a lettter wanting authorisation for another set..... I cant bare to think what is going to happen now ....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X