• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Asda ban

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asda ban

So I entered my local asda store and used self scan I scanned I did my shopping and went to the check out and paid then left the store on my way out a member of staff ran after me shouting at me I immediately stopped and turned round she started shouting I was a thief I was very confused she then said that my clothes wasent on my recipt I then realised I had hooked them on the hook between my daughters legs and totally forgot about them I deeply apologised to the member off staff and obviously went back in to pay she was giving me alot of abuse calling me a liar and a thief telling me she dudnt want to hear my excuses I felt very belittled by this point and wasent going to argue back in front if my young daughter we got back to the till she then took all my shopping out and rescanned it then out ut back took me to another till to pay for my clothes there was a security guard at the end of the till looking very scared he just wanted my name and address and for me to sign a letter I asked what for he said you have being banned from all asda stores for stealing bearing in mind the lady was still having ago and all this was happening in front of all staff who had began to for a circle and began gossiping and was very embarrassing for me and my daughter as you can imagine I paid signed the ban and left because I was in such shock that a simple mistake has resulted in such a big issue he didnt mention anything about the police or didnt want to take a photo of me as I read in previous articles they normally do this needing help on what will happen from here I generally am losing sleeping thinking about it the security guard seemed more scared then I was never seen anyone shake so much but the magnet didnt explain anything to me about what was going on or deal with it left the store assistant to do it while she was shouting at me I really worried about the ban should I be awaiting a visit from the police

Sorry for the long story
    Tags: None

Hi and welcome

What a horrible situation for you, and what a disgusting way to be treated
    Really, it is about time Asda staff were given lessons in customer relations.
    People do make mistakes, and while there are thieves, not everyone is on the take.

Can you recall what was in that letter you signed?......perhaps something about civil recovery?
    It is possible you will receive a letter from a third party company requesting payment of a sum of money for alleged costs.
    This can and should be ignored.

You will not receive a visit from the police.

You could consider making a complaint about the way you were treated to their customer complaints department (https://www.complaintsdepartment.co.uk/asda-uk/) but I doubt it will do any good

Comment

Hi I know its was just an awful experience for me and my daughter I have email a complaint to the complaints department about there staff and management team and the behaviour
      the letter says not to enter any asda store in the UK or will be trespassing and that they can pass onto relevant parties for detection of crime and that media e posure can be considered if any criminal offences have being reported to the police relating to any asda stores with your further conduct
      .thanks for your help

Comment

Well just find somewhere more pleasant to shop for the time being, and if you need further support just come back here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X