• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice incorrect registration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice incorrect registration

We received a PCN from Smart Parking from a car park some 80 miles from where we live. A ticket for £8 but was purchased but they say the car registration was entered incorrectly. Appealed to Smart Parking and sent a copy of the ticket which, by the way, has a 'B' after the word 'Reg:'. It does not show the registration. Smart rejected the appeal and have said the next step is to appeal to POPLA -- or pay. The charge notice showed timed photos of the car arriving and leaving. The ticket was purchased 8 minutes after arrival. The buttons on the machine were difficult to use.

Many thanks for any advice you can give.
    Last edited by Snowden; 11th August 2019, 12:32:PM.
    Tags: None

The machine incorrectly read the keyboard, it was a machine failure

Comment

Thanks. Should I say that in the appeal to POPLA?

Comment

Post up the redacted PCN to see if there is anything else that can be used against them. Leave the dates

Comment

Comment

You were asked to leave the dates in. I can't read it anyway, could you repost with better definition, though it looks as though it may not be POFA compliant

Comment

Comment

Was the identity of the driver revealed? If not then edit your first post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred.

Still can't read the small text properly. However they do not appear to have given the invitation to keeper required by POFA 9(2)(e) nor the warning of keeper liability required by 9(2)(f). They cannot therefore hold the keeper liable.

Yes POPLA appeal with all the POFA fails. There may be, probably will be, other fails, such no period of parking

Comment

Comment

Thank you very much for your guidance on this matter.

Comment

They have failed to comply with the requirements of POFA to be able to hold the keeper liable. One, of the many, is that they failed to give the notice of keeper luability as required by 9(2)(f). I gave posted suitable appeals on this point several times so search till you find one.

post on here for critique before you send

Comment

On the PCN photo that I posted earlier, the parking ticket covers over the name of the registered keeper to whom the PCN is addressed. Does it nevertheless fail to comply with 9(2)(f) despite being addressed to the registered keeper?

If it does fall foul of 9(2)(f), is this all I need to put in the POPLA appeal?
                        • The Parking Charge Notice fails to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely:
                          • Section 9 (2) (f) - failing to give notice of keeper liability
                        As the keeper, I cannot be held liable for the actions of the driver at the time and there is no legal requirement for me to identify the driver and I will not be doing so.

Yours Faithfully,

Registered Keeper

Comment

The POPLA appeal was successful! Many thanks to Ostell for the guidance.

The POPLA assessor found that the parking company did not fully comply with the keeper liability provisions of section 9 of PoFA 2012 in that the PCN did not state that the registered keeper would be made liable if the details of the driver remained unknown.

Comment

I thought the driver or passenger was allowed 10 mins to park and pay for parking ?.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X