• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wills

I am a joint executor in my partners will the other executor is my partners son from another marrage we were not married I have asked the solicitor involved for further information about the estate and also transactions from the accounts He as sent me a letter saying there is a conflict of interests and has told me to get my own solictior. But according to the will I am paying the fees from money left to me.
    Tags: None

Presumably then the solicitor has been engaged by the son and not by the estate - it may be the son is looking at challenging the Will in which case it would be wise to see a solicitor of your own.

Are you and the son both beneficiaries? And are you a residual beneficiary ?
    des8
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

We are both beneficiaries and the estate has been finalized to a point of sending to probate and I have been asked to sign but some questions I can't answer without more info about the estate

Comment

Joint executors are supposed to work together to deal with the estate.
        Do I sense family discord?

Executors have an overriding duty to collect in the estate and administer it correctly under s. 25 Administration of Estates Act 1925.
        Have you contacted the other executor directly to obtain the information.
        He may have appointed a solicitor, (who then is handicapped by client confidentiality & conflict of interest), but it does not relieve the executor from his duties.
        He could provide you with the info you require, or instruct his solicitor to do so.

As Amethyst it might be worth having at least an initial fixed fee consultation with a contentious probate solicitor to see what options you have

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X