• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HMCTS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMCTS

I notified HMCTS that I wouldn't be able to attend my tribunal hearing,due to illness health
    (I suffer from ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)
    Having had it diagnosed four years ago (the symptoms were present,long before this)I know the tell tale sign,of when it's going to be at its worst and that it lasts for some time!
    Out of respect for HMCTS,I gave them advance notice of non attendance as a severe downturn in my condition had began.
    When I phoned Darlington County Court to explain this and to give them a hypothetical scenario to demonstrate how my condition severely hinders my forward planning -
    the example I gave them was,
    "My mate asks me if I want a ticket to go to a concert in Manchester - I always reply with,"I don't know how I'm going to feel later today,never mind in a months time"
    When I read the Tribunals report,it stated that the County Court employee had said that I'd been to Manchester and that is false!
    They used this,to dismiss my non attendance,
    stating that if I could travel to Manchester and back,
    there was no reason why I couldn't attend the Tribunal hearing!!!
    Other employees at the County Court informed the Tribunal that they'd seen me in Darlington town centre
    (hardly surprising as I have to do shopping!)
    Again,the Tribunal used this information to dismiss my non attendance -
    Haven't HMCTS breached the part of the Human Rights Act,where it states that a person must be "free from State surveillance"??
    What annoys me the most,is that there was a Doctor sat on my Tribunal hearing and he obviously did not speak up,to confirm that it was unsurprising for an individual suffering from ME to have severe bouts of fatigue and what I'd wrote on my PIP claim forms was symptomatic of ME -
    It was obviously a waste of time him being there!!!

*NB
    I reapplied for PIP answering every question identically and qualified for the Enhanced rate for both components -
    Conclusive proof that the previous medical,DWP decision and the HMCTS tribunal decision were a complete and utter farce!!!!!
    This has taken a massive toll,on both my physical and mental health -
    I object to being 101% and then having it used against me for ulterior motives!!!
    Can I take legal action against HMCTS for such a farcical procedure and perverse decision?

many thanks
    Tags: None

Hi
    For some unknown reason, the query I sent to you about HMCTS was classed as 'Guest' -
    can you please confirm that you received my query?
    (It was sent approximately one hour ago)

thank you

Comment

Merged threads for you xxx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

So the mistaken " they went to Manchester " was corrected and the claim was dismissed due to your non attendance anyway due to your having been seen shopping at/around the time of the tribunal ? Was the change of reason after an appeal or during that same hearing ?

Regardless of that tribunal outcome you reapplied afterwards and were awarded the correct rate of PIP ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X