• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Holiday nightmare with Jet2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday nightmare with Jet2

Hi.
    I'm new to this site and hope someone can give me some advice.
    We booked a holidaythrough Jet2 in Auguast 2018 for a hotel in Corfu in june 2019. It was ouit 30th wedding anniversary present to ourselves (corfu was out first holiday together).We had a deal which knocked off somewhere in the region of 3300 off the usual price. The flight was at 06.30. The flight out was brilliant. When we landed we found the holiday rep at the airport as we had booked a private taxi to our resort. The rep handed my wife a white envelope containing our holiday info upside down and ushered us to the waiting taxi.Luckily my wife turned the envelope the right way up and noted the name of the hotel was different to the one we had booked.When she questioned that we were told we had been overbooked and that we had been placed in a different hotel some 68km awway from our original one on the other aside of the island.had my wife not turned the envelope over we woild have been none the wiser until we arrived at the hotel.perplexed and angry my wife phoned jet 2 customer services whilst we were en route.The male on the other end told my wife they had been informed of the overbooking the day before and that someone should have told us.. The hotel we had been given was a four star the same rating as the original however the pools were salt water not freshwater. a number of other things werent the same and in any case we hadnt booked it. My wife had looked at the hotel whislt researching the holiday and dismissed nit as not suitbale for what we wanted. We met up with the hotel rep approx 3 days later who stated she was very sorry. she had never known this before. Another couple had apparently been overbooked and were informed the day before and that they had accepted the change. She then stated Jet 2 wernt made aware of our overbooking until we were in mid flight. Contrary to what we had been told. She offered us £80 in total compensation and told us to make the most of the holiday. Really !!. We refused the compensation. On our return home my wife made a complaint to Jet 2 customer services who replied saying they hadnt been made aware we had been overbooked until we were in flight, that the hotel we were put in was of a similar standard etc etc. they offered us a £500 holiday voucher. Not acceptab;le as we wont be dealing with Jet 2 again. My wife sent it back saying it wasnt acceptable, we wanted a full refund on our holiday at the very minimum and that we didnt believe they had been told mid flight as we had been told something completely differently by the customer services advisor. Jet 2 have replied today that it now wasn't an overbooking issue but that our room had maintenance issues and that there weren't any other rooms available ( in a 648 room hotel in June).So now we have three narratives as to why we didnt stay in the hotel we booked 10 months previously and that their offer of a £500 holiday voucher still stands. Can I have some advice please on where we stand legally. Do we have a claim if we decide to take it to court. Ive researched abta andf have phoned them but to be honest they seems ineffectual at best. thanks
    Tags: None

Yes you do have a case. Package travel Regulations are in play. You did not get what you paid for, you also suffered distress and inconvenience, But you did get some value. So, quantum is price you paid plus a sum for distress and inconvenience minus "some value"

Comment

Thats great thankyou.

Comment

Just for my own information, who were the 2 hotels.

Comment

We were meant to be staying at the labranda sandy beach hotel. Instead we were put in the Roda Beach Hotel

Comment

Correction, they offered us a £250 holiday voucher not £500

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X