• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary termination finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary termination finance

Hi

New to the site and looking for advice.

I'm facing some health issues which means it makes sense for me to get rid of my car as i can't drive it.

I want to voluntary terminate the agreement. At the end of this month i have paid 50%.

I made a stupid decision when i got the car, taking finance on an older car, which is now 11 years old and i still have over 3k outstanding in negative equity.

The car was sold to me with only 1 key, few scratches and paint chips and no service book. I have had it serviced since but only have the reciepts, no stamps as the book wasn't sold with the car.

i have done some research on this and it seems that these companies like to send big bills to recoup some money.
    I know given this info, I'm likely to get a bill, but can i fight this given the cars age and the fact these items where not sold with the car, albeit i can't prove it.

The finance is with advantage finance if that helps.

They have also said they'll be sending me a pack that i must fill out and sign. Is that right? I though i just had to email them saying i wanted to terminate.

I plan on emailing them after my payment end of this month once ive paid 50%

Any help on my initial email or the questions i have above so i can be prepared for the worst possible outcome with them.

Thank you kindly
    Kelly
    Tags: None

It's also worth mentioning that it's just had a new clutch, fly wheel and has 11 months mot on it. I don't know if i need to mention that to the finance company

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X