• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What is my legal right with a car on finance?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is my legal right with a car on finance?

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing good.

I am here to hopefully to find out what is my legal right with a car on finance.
    I believe, i have paid over 50% of my loan but due to changes in my financial situation, have made late payments ( i did catch up ), i did ask can they change my payment dates, because they ask for payment before i get paid. So my monies would be available to pay, but they said can not change payment dates. So i have to borrow from Peter to pay Paul, this as put me in a muddle.
    It now appears the last months payment by Direct Debt didn't go through, which i was not aware of. I paid this month unaware of the missed payment. I have been contacted and they are demanding payment instantly. I said i would pay if i had the monies and explain to them that my car as had a major breakdown due to timing belt failure damaging engine and due to this, face a bill for £1300.00 hundred pounds, on my limited funds i am unable to make an instant payment. I will pay but can we make an arrangement. They replied no, need a payment today by 17.30 hours or we will take the car back, in a panic as what my rights are and how to resolve.

Q1 - Can they just come and take my car ?
    Because that's what the have threatened me over the phone and said the car is theirs and they are cancelling the loan agreement. I have not refused to make payments but need time, they said no. They will not let speak to a manager stating they do not have a manager.

Q2 - What is my options as i would like to keep my car ( Although i feel was mis - sold on credit and told car had full service history. However, my car had mechanical issues when first got, which the supplying garage, said they fixed but i give up taking it back as they said any repairs would be chargeable and were very unhelpful. i did inform the loan company but they were not interest and it is up to me to repair the car as it is second hand not new.

Q3 - What is my legal right with a car on finance?

My name is Fay. Any urgent help guidance or advice would be gratefully appreciated, i am using my uncles email address to communicate. Thanking you all, in advance of your help. : )
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X